What is the wierdest/funniest thing your T has done when feeding?

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
I am feeding some of my Ts and i seen the greatest thing! I tossed one of my 2" LP a cricket. She stalked it for a monment and stepped on its head. Thinking i just threw her a snack. She picked up the crickets leg (while attached) and started to munch on it!! {D After 3 seconds of munching the cricket moved and she Chomped his body.

killy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
DAVID vs GOLIATH

Well, I didn't think it was too funny at the time, but afterwards I laughed about it ...

My A.geniculata slingling had molted a couple of times under my care and I decided it was time to try feeding him a small mealworm. I held the worm in tongs above the spider, the idea being to eyeball their relative sizes to see if this was a wise move. Suddenly the worm wriggled free of the tongs and fell into the vial, and Rocky pounced without a second thought. It was immediately evident, to my dismay, that the worm clearly doubled the length of the spider's body. Well, the worm wasn't going to go down easy, and Rocky wasn't going to give up either. Like two cats in a brawl, they rough-and-tumbled all over that little vial - the worm would go still for a second, then put up another struggle. This wrestling match went on for five rounds before Rocky scored a victory, and all the while I was torn between white-knuckle terror and laughing out loud. And there was really nothing that I could do but wait for the outcome. Well Rocky is one feisty little spider, and when the worm finally gave out, Rocky sat like a triumphant David over a prostrate Goliath - it was so funny, I grabbed my camera and got a shot - here it is ...

IMG_0948.jpg

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
Awsome battle! I started using those mealies just last week. They really make those mites go crazy! I think its because of all the fluid they lose when i slice em or when the T chomps them. Its a battle to keep those mites at bay. They dont bother the Ts, so thats nice :D

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I love it when they wrassle.

My little 1" LP sling had an epic battle with a superworm, it was quite a sight.

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
I have seen my LP do the epic front flip tumble and lay upside down till the prey is tired. Oh and another great one: My 2" P. ornata was eating 1 cricket on the glass and i dropped a second in and it caught it midair without dropping the first one. Craziest thing ive seen! They have super slow mo or something. :eek:

Blayde

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Doing a once over, just looking at everyone to see how they were doing, and I believe it was my P. Pederseni female that I was looking over, when she raised her rear, and proceeded to fire a jet of her feces at the glass in front of my face.

Ha ha and thus I learned they have 2 dangerous ends. :rolleyes:

kenzie

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Crazy tarantula pooping is funny. A while ago, I had some big B. albopilosum shipped to my work. When I got them, I opened them up and made sure they were ok. I held each one and they were so calm. One of the ladys that works with me wanted to hold one, as she had never done that before. She thought it was so neat, until my girl blasted poop all over her hand! It was the funniest thing I have ever seen, and her face was soooo priceless!

dannyboypede

Arachnosquire
my juvie g. rosea smacked a cricket with its front right leg and the cricket bounced off of the glass and right into her fangs. the best part was that we caught it on tape.:clap:

dannyboypede

Arachnosquire
i am having trouble getting the vid up on here. maybe i will put it on youtube and just post that vid

Trogdora

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My G. pulchra once dug up a dubia that had buried itself the day before. It was pretty funny to see him digging and then coming up with a roach in his fangs - didn't realize he was that clever!

madTparty

Arachnopeon
My C. fascitum once did a flip with a cricket in her mouth. And my B. smithi threw herself of a wall onto a dubia once. I wish I had gotten it all on my video camera... :wall:

Stopdroproll

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I had a dubia a little bigger than with my G. pulchripes. He pounced on his back and the dubia tried to escape and was basically carrying him around.

I also saw my B. smithi attack a cricket with such a force that caused one of the cricket's legs to fly off. Gave that to one of my slings to munch on.