what is the most venomous spider??

soulreaver_x01

Arachnopeon
ok,i need to know what is the most poisionous spider in the world??my gf"s family says the daddylong legs.i think they r full of poop,and want to know the truth!!lol

Last edited by a moderator:

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
ok,i need to know what is the most poisionous spider in the world??my gf"s family says the daddylong legs.i think they r full of shit,and want to know the truth!!lol
WRong section of the forums, but no it's not the daddy long leg. They did an episode on Mythbusters and busted that one.

I think it's some kind of Brazilian spider.

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ok,i need to know what is the most poisionous spider in the world??my gf"s family says the daddylong legs.i think they r full of shit,and want to know the truth!!lol
That's funny....AS far as I know the ones that do the most damage from my knowledge are the funnel web, brown recluse, and black widow.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
The daddy long leg thing has been floating around since I was little. Something about they are deadly but dont carry enough venom to hurt you and cant pierce your skin with their fangs......... total myth, :rolleyes:

As for what one is the most deadly...... Heck I dont know Ill funnel web? I know there are few of those that are mean sobs. I know someone knows so I will wait for the answer like you. :D

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That's funny....AS far as I know the ones that do the most damage from my knowledge are the funnel web, brown recluse, and black widow.
Funnel web is also another guess I would say, but definately not Latrodectus spp. or L.reclusa

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Phoneutria fera, I think...
What the heck is that?

Black widows I guess could be in the top 5 but I read up on them and it seems only people with immune deficiencies are at major risk. A healthy man would get really sick, but I don’t know that it’s as serious. This is an interesting subject though.

Recluses are also pretty bad but they can be treated. Dying from them is rare. You will have a nasty scar that’s for sure. Bunch of my friends in the Marines got bit by them in North Carolina. Puss and nasty grossness......

Bothrops

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Phoneutria spp. are the ''wandering spiders''. They are large ctenids, very very venomous. I think they are first in the list of the most venomous spiders. Second, maybe Atrax robustus.

Slash

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I think Sydney Funnel Web Spider (Atrax robustus) or the Brazilian Wandering Spider (Phoneutria nigriventer).

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hey I did see a special on Tv somewhere with those, sounds like a nasty end to me. Seziures frothing, vomiting, death. Sounds quick and painful to.

worm

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
to be honest doesnt the dady long legs belong to the tick family or mite family cuz of only one body part. I had done some reading and from my understanding they are bottom feeders and more less do the removing of old freshly dead carcasses. But correct me if im wrong.

Slash

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey I did see a special on Tv somewhere with those, sounds like a nasty end to me. Seziures frothing, vomiting, death. Sounds quick and painful to.
I've heard Atrax robustus can kill a child or a pet (dog/cat) within 15 minutes if not treated.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
to be honest doesnt the dady long legs belong to the tick family or mite family cuz of only one body part. I had done some reading and from my understanding they are bottom feeders and more less do the removing of old freshly dead carcasses. But correct me if im wrong.
Thats wrong I think dont quote me. I do believe they are still segmented into two sections. And they dont scavange, I have fed many in my garage the will wrap and kill things.

I've heard Atrax robustus can kill a child or a pet (dog/cat) within 15 minutes if not treated.
15 minutes :eek: That is fast. Especially since you more then likely are going to get bite in some remote location far from help.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I do believe thats a type of tree spider.
Ill go dig up a picture of a "daddy long leg"

Here is one, see how its segmented?

Here is another shot of the one you have in your link. They have to be different right? They both do have long legs though {D

Last edited:

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
ok you all i know i saw this somewhere but i had to do some reseach on my own real quick and apparently if were all talking about the same daddy long legs you should read this link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvestman
Yeah see they aren't venomous, "These harmless-to-people arachnids.."

The link goes to Harvestman spiders, I believe the daddy long legs everyone else is talking about are the cellar spiders.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I do believe thats a type of tree spider.
Ill go dig up a picture of a "daddy long leg"

Here is one, see how its segmented?

Yeah see those are the "typical" daddy long legs, or cellar spiders.

I think the Brazilian Wandering Spiders are the most venomous, or atleast up there.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Sorry for the third post in a row, but..

apparently Phoneutria nigriventer(Common name Brazilian Wandering Spider) has been dubbed the worldest deadliest spider, or atleast the genus Phoneutria. Look it up if you're curious.

worm

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i used to be realy good at this spider thing and i do belive the top pic you have is a common cob web spider and they do have silk glands and im shure some sort of venom. I have only ever heard that there are about 5 poisnous spiders to be aware of and i dont have the compleat list infront of me but
1)black widow
2)brown recluse
3)yellow sac spider
4) hobo spider
5)still thinking

lol....sorry i found the list online but cant now so thats all i got and maybe the funnel belongs on there as well

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i used to be realy good at this spider thing and i do belive the top pic you have is a common cob web spider and they do have silk glands and im shure some sort of venom. I have only ever heard that there are about 5 poisnous spiders to be aware of and i dont have the compleat list infront of me but
1)black widow
2)brown recluse
3)yellow sac spider
4) hobo spider
5)still thinking

lol....sorry i found the list online but cant now so thats all i got and maybe the funnel belongs on there as well
Is that the rating order?? Cause I would definately have to disagree.