What is the most unusual insect you have?

The wolf

Arachnolord
Ive kept many many katydids but we call them bush crickets not impressive ones though ive kept three leeches ocypus olens larvea and adult caddisflies im going to try some hoverflies and lace wings ive had many moths but their not so odd ive had mayflies dragonflies damsleflies and finaly ive tried some harvestmen

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
For my roaches, the most unusual species I have is probably Corydidarum pygmaea, for beetles, probably Embaphion muricatum, and for isopods, probably my Oniscus asellus "Mardi Gras". :)

VolkswagenBug

Arachnobaron
My collection of strange insects has increased substantially since my last post. Now, I'd say my strangest ones are Polyxenida sp., Stenopelmatus sp., and Auturus evides.

MoranDisciple

Arachnosquire
The website domain is for sale, think you could post that journal somewhere else? I'd really like to read it. Never even heard of a predatory earwig but now I'm burning with curiosity.

The Mantis Menagerie

Arachnobaron
Since @MoranDisciple awakened this thread and brought it to my attention, I must share my most unusual insects. My most uncommon insects are probably my Penthe pimela beetles. Another uncommonly bred species I have is Cicindela sexguttata. Something that I have never seen mentioned about Cicindela is that they love hand-feeding and are really cute (or maybe my individual is unusual).
451CC514-FC81-4F3B-94DC-723680516193.jpeg

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Since @MoranDisciple awakened this thread and brought it to my attention, I must share my most unusual insects. My most uncommon insects are probably my Penthe pimela beetles. Another uncommonly bred species I have is Cicindela sexguttata. Something that I have never seen mentioned about Cicindela is that they love hand-feeding and are really cute (or maybe my individual is unusual).
View attachment 304533
Beautiful little beetle :)

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
While I don't have them yet, I'll be trying my hand with Amblycheila hoversoni this year. Weirdest thing I've kept to this point though has probably been Neobarrettia victoriae, the smaller version of Smokehound's N. spinosa.

MoranDisciple

Arachnosquire
While I don't have them yet, I'll be trying my hand with Amblycheila hoversoni this year. Weirdest thing I've kept to this point though has probably been Neobarrettia victoriae, the smaller version of Smokehound's N. spinosa.
I've been interested in the Neobarrettia genus for a while but no one at the Hamburg reptile show has them. How was your experience with them? Growth rates, aggressiveness, breeding, that sort of thing?

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I've been interested in the Neobarrettia genus for a while but no one at the Hamburg reptile show has them. How was your experience with them? Growth rates, aggressiveness, breeding, that sort of thing?
Mine was an adult male, so I can't speak for growth rates or anything like that. Wasn't necessarily aggressive, but it did definitely have an attitude problem. I'm hoping to collect a few this year and get some pairs. It's a genus that really should be more available in the hobby, but I don't think enough is known about them to get them growing and reproducing consistently in the hobby.

Not an insect, or even an arthropod, but the most unusual I have kept is Peripatoides novaezealandiae for just over a year.

I've also kept some pretty unusual Insects and Arachnids such as Phyllium phillipinicum and Diadema medius.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Not an insect, or even an arthropod, but the most unusual I have kept is Peripatoides novaezealandiae for just over a year.

I've also kept some pretty unusual Insects and Arachnids such as Phyllium phillipinicum and Diadema medius.
I've kept P.philipinicum too, funny little creatures. They take ages to hatch though, and mine were quite picky about food. Finding a reasonably quality bramble leaves in februari is...hard. And that is usually when they hatch, at least, mine did.

I would like to keep an Amblypygid some day, but I don't have the space to house them comfortably at the moment.