Thats a really really good point....Im not a pede keeper(yet) but wouldn't the most dangerous centipede be in the hands of someone that is inexperienced or possibly even very stupid lol?....My buddy got bit by an unidentified species in Greece awhile ago and ended up in the hospital...not sure what it was tho they just said it was gold and shinyI would be more concerned with anaphylactic shock more than anything.
I have never heard this. Every report I read indicated it was just the bite itself that was fatal. She lived 29 hours after the bite....which is pretty quick for an infection to set in, progress, and become fatal. However, it is not too quick for cardiac arrest due to shock from the overwhelming agony of S.subspinipes envenomation, made more intense by her small body size.the seven year old girl didnt die from the bite it was from the infection after