What is the most dangerous centipede in the world?

jameshay_1uk

Arachnopeon
Joined
Feb 7, 2008
Messages
45

hotbugs62

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Joined
Sep 24, 2007
Messages
59
If you have never been bit by one you have no clue how your body will react to the venom. Every one is different and how your body reacts to certain venom's. I've never been bit or stung by anything that might be remotely venomous. If you're allergic to bee stings I would be more concerned with anaphylactic shock more than anything.
 

blazetown

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Joined
Apr 18, 2008
Messages
725
I would be more concerned with anaphylactic shock more than anything.
Thats a really really good point....Im not a pede keeper(yet) but wouldn't the most dangerous centipede be in the hands of someone that is inexperienced or possibly even very stupid lol?....My buddy got bit by an unidentified species in Greece awhile ago and ended up in the hospital...not sure what it was tho they just said it was gold and shiny

Anyway my point is no death because he wasn't 2 years old or 92 years old or allergic
 

-Exotic

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Joined
Jul 19, 2008
Messages
532
hmm you all you people prove very very good points i guess its just the person themselves if or if not alergic to the venom man i wish there was a centipede with a very very serious bite :mad:
 

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Joined
Jul 21, 2002
Messages
1,709
the seven year old girl didnt die from the bite it was from the infection after
-Exotic
I have never heard this. Every report I read indicated it was just the bite itself that was fatal. She lived 29 hours after the bite....which is pretty quick for an infection to set in, progress, and become fatal. However, it is not too quick for cardiac arrest due to shock from the overwhelming agony of S.subspinipes envenomation, made more intense by her small body size.
 

-Exotic

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Joined
Jul 19, 2008
Messages
532
hmm but there has to be a pede thats large enough that could kill you if you cant get treatment but i guess the answer its: Plausible.

I choose plausible because it all depends on the venom affect it has on the person if there allergic old, sick, young etc.
 
Top