Scolopendra subspinipes has killed a 7-year old Filipino girl before. Scolopendra morsitans bit a Turkish man who died from complications that arose after the bite. Scolopendra viridicornis has half the LD50 value of subspinipes, meaning it is probably the most venomous to rodents. However, there is no human envenomation data.
Centipedes are a step above tarantulas as far as danger is concerned, but they don't quite rank up there with scorpions and true spiders. As far as I'm concerned, no tarantula bite has even led to a single documented human death, not even Stromatopelma calceatum or the Poecilotheria species.lol, too funny almost like the deadly tarantula. there aren't any dangerous centipedes, some may hurt worse than others but thats about it.
Since little is know about the toxicity (deadliness) of centipede venom to humans, it is hard to pinpoint which species has the most toxic venom to humans.
A friend of mine got bit by my S. Varadilisis (he ended up killing it. I was so mad because I was on vacation and he was pet sitting) and he was in alot of pain and had quite a wound on his hand but, I told him to put neosporin on it when the infected wound started giving him problems.i herd the S. Varadilisis (if its spelled correct)v has one punch of a bite is that true?
I wish I had the documents to show more details about this, but IIRC, the little girl was bitten, and the swelling from the bite restricted/cut off the blood flow in her head, which is what led to her death. So you're right when you say it's a gray area; being bitten did cause her death, but it wasn't necessarily the venom. If she'd been bitten on the hand or foot, she likely would have survived.As far as i know... the only confirmed bite that led to a death that WASN'T from secondary infection was the little girl who got bit on her face/head/neck or wherever it was. I can honestly believe that a young child could die from S. subspinipes bite, if the child was small enough and the specimen was large enough, and/or multiple bites occurred.
I can't really go back to the story of the little girl that got bit, do we have any ACTUAL documents of the incident which prove whether it was due to actual venom or secondary infection for sure? I heard it was due to the venom in this instance, and is the only "documented" instance of it every occurring, however, where the hell is it? And supposedly she died fairly quickly after the bite which would say venom was more likely the cause.