What is the most "aggressive" scorpion you own ?

Ferrachi

Arachnoprince
What is the most "aggressive" scorpion you own ? Photos and Videos would be great... :cool::scorpion:

HaydnR

Arachnopeon
What is the most "aggressive" scorpion you own ? Photos and Videos would be great... :cool::scorpion:
My H. troglodytes is a real b**ch lol...
Fat and sassy

P.S I know she's a behemoth at the moment and she's been put on a diet... I hadn't seen her entire body for some months and when I went to clean her enclosure realised that she was infact a sausage with legs..

Attachments

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I had an Androctonus bicolor that was extremely defensive, but that's a character of the genus.

Ferrachi

Arachnoprince
I had an Androctonus bicolor that was extremely defensive, but that's a character of the genus.
I have not seen an Androctonus bicolor... just looked it up and they have massive tails on them !!

Last edited:

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
I currently have A.australis, B.mardochei, H.hottentotta, and P.villosus. These Buthids are pretty chill. Not much aggression from any of them. Not a single threat posture besides a pair warning (or warding) strikes from the Hottentotta. But I do respect their space naturally.

The only reason the Hottentotta gave me threatening flicks is because I had save it from being pinned between a cork bark and terrarium glass. Too fat to save itself.

When I changed out my A.australis' cork bark hide with a vastly improved one, it settled in a corner and sat very still without a single threat posture and tail flick. And continued to sit there for another 15-20 minutes after I had finished and was gone.

But my most temperamental scorpion is a crotchety H.petersii. It has even pinched my forearm when I reached in past it to remove the waterdish for cleaning and refilling. The irony.

Last edited:

Ferrachi

Arachnoprince
I currently have A.australis, B.mardochei, H.hottentotta, and P.villosus. These Buthids are pretty chill. Not much aggression from any of them. Not a single threat posture besides a pair warning (or warding) strikes from the Hottentotta. But I do respect their space naturally.

The only reason the Hottentotta gave me threatening flicks is because I had save it from being pinned between a cork bark and terrarium glass. Too fat to save itself.

When I changed out my A.australis' cork bark hide with a vastly improved one, it settled in a corner and sat very still without a single threat posture and tail flick. And continued to sit there for another 15-20 minutes after I had finished and was gone.

But my most temperamental scorpion is a crotchety H.petersii. It has even pinched my forearm when I reached in past it to remove the waterdish for cleaning and refilling. The irony.
It's pretty crazy that the one that's suppose to be the most docile, turns out to be the most temperamental... LOL

Great collection you have !!

Lubed Tweezer

Arachnolord
Among my own scorpions I've always noticed that juveniles have a much more aggressive behavior compared to the adults.
Nearly all of my juveniles are considered aggressive.
Most of my adult Androctonus, Leiurus, Heterometrus, Pandinus, Opistacanthus, Hadogenes, Euscorpius species are pretty docile.
Among the adults my H hottentotta, H jayakari, and H tamulus are certainly more aggressive, they choose to strike/sting instead of retreat.
Another adult that is aggressive is Parabuthus maximus that won't hesitate to attack the tweezers.
My adult H arizonensis is a bit different, shes got very aggressive body language and does not retreat easily but on the other hand when it comes to it she does not strike/sting often.
It's kind of bluff strategy.

Ferrachi

Arachnoprince
Among my own scorpions I've always noticed that juveniles have a much more aggressive behavior compared to the adults.
Nearly all of my juveniles are considered aggressive.
Most of my adult Androctonus, Leiurus, Heterometrus, Pandinus, Opistacanthus, Hadogenes, Euscorpius species are pretty docile.
Among the adults my H hottentotta, H jayakari, and H tamulus are certainly more aggressive, they choose to strike/sting instead of retreat.
Another adult that is aggressive is Parabuthus maximus that won't hesitate to attack the tweezers.
My adult H arizonensis is a bit different, shes got very aggressive body language and does not retreat easily but on the other hand when it comes to it she does not strike/sting often.
It's kind of bluff strategy.
I found all of mine are docile, that's why I'm asking because I watch videos on Youtube and they seem to be way more aggressive...

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
I take full responsibility for the following actions and hope I am not persecuted or roasted, but only want to demonstrate that Buthids aren't murderous creatures dripping and spraying venom at the slightest disturbance. There are safety measures implemented off camera, a lidless tote with a shallow substrate bottom sat below the cage. I recommend nobody treat any Buthid in this manner or reproduce this potentially dangerous act that may lead to unpredictable consequences.

Attachments

Ferrachi

Arachnoprince
I take full responsibility for the following actions and hope I am not persecuted or roasted, but only want to demonstrate that Buthids aren't murderous creatures dripping and spraying venom at the slightest disturbance. There are safety measures implemented off camera, a lidless tote with a shallow substrate bottom sat below the cage. I recommend nobody treat any Buthid in this manner or reproduce this potentially dangerous act that may lead to unpredictable consequences.
Can't seem to view this...