What is the most "aggressive" scorpion you own ?

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
That's how my scorpions are... so docile

Yeah, they not are the aggressive beasts some may have been lead to believe they are. But also one should never take them for granted either, that Parabuthus could have exploded into activity. I opened that door quite noisy intentionally. I used no finesse at all.

Lubed Tweezer

Arachnolord
Buthids aren't murderous creatures dripping and spraying venom at the slightest disturbance.
Indeed, they can't afford to be.
It costs energy to produce venom, the scorpion needs a very good reason to spend it's venom.
Apart from killing prey, it will only spend venom when it senses it is in great danger.
@Outpost31Survivor is that the beloved P villosus we see in the video ?

Lubed Tweezer

Arachnolord
Look at this video for example... I didn't even realize that they can move this quick after watching how slow and docile mine are... LOL
That video isn't at real life speed, speed was increased in video edit.
But these young i3's don't seem to think twice, they immediately go for the kill !
That's also why i buy i2/i3's myself, great to watch them go at it !
Always interesting to see them take out prey that is as big as themselves.
Last summer i got several H jayakari's at i2, those sure are feisty.
I recently got a i2 Androctonus bicolor that seems to go as the pink Duracell bunny....
Better not stick your finger near it !

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
Better not stick your finger near it !
Absolutely agree, even your most chillest scorpion can have a jekyll and hyde transformation when its personal space is threatened it can activate an instant fight or flight response. That is not what anyone wants when dealing with Buthids. Overall, Buthids are as easy as any other scorpion to work with, it all depends upon the maturity of the keeper and their responsible safety and vigilance and never falling into the trap of complacency and carelessness.

theexoticbichir

Arachnopeon
I can’t say many of mine are all that aggressive, I have a few but only one old world. Nothing compared to my dehaani (s). :rofl:

Ferrachi

Arachnoprince
I can’t say many of mine are all that aggressive, I have a few but only one old world. Nothing compared to my dehaani (s). :rofl:
Don't think there are many things in the world that's as aggressive as the dehaani, unless we're talking about the Carcharhinus Leucas...

Sakar7

Arachnopeon
All of my leiurus scorpions are normally very skittish and never try to attack same with my Parabuthus capensis, Nebo whitei, Pandinus imperator, Tityus smithii and Hadrurus arizonensis. My most aggressive scorpion is my Female Heterometrus petersii she will come out of her hide and starts attacking tongs whenever i try to do anything in her enclosure. I also have 2 male Heterometrus petersii and one of them is shy and skittish while the other one is very calm and never shows any defensive or aggressive behavior. My second most aggressive scorpion has to be my female Parabuthus transvaalicus if i put tongs too near she will attempt to attack and then will run to the nearest hiding place. My male Parabuthus transvaalicus is very skittish if he is not near his hiding place and he has never attempted to attack tongs. My female Hottentotta salei is usually calm but if i try to move her she will attack tongs if i do the same to my male Hottentotta salei he will become skittish and attempts to escape. All my female scorpions seem to be more aggressive/defensive than my male scorpions. My parabuthus villosus has also very interesting behavior it is almost always calm. Even if there is lot of movement near the enclosure and i have bright lights on it will keep doing whatever it was doing before i put lights on.

Ferrachi

Arachnoprince
All of my leiurus scorpions are normally very skittish and never try to attack same with my Parabuthus capensis, Nebo whitei, Pandinus imperator, Tityus smithii and Hadrurus arizonensis. My most aggressive scorpion is my Female Heterometrus petersii she will come out of her hide and starts attacking tongs whenever i try to do anything in her enclosure. I also have 2 male Heterometrus petersii and one of them is shy and skittish while the other one is very calm and never shows any defensive or aggressive behavior. My second most aggressive scorpion has to be my female Parabuthus transvaalicus if i put tongs too near she will attempt to attack and then will run to the nearest hiding place. My male Parabuthus transvaalicus is very skittish if he is not near his hiding place and he has never attempted to attack tongs. My female Hottentotta salei is usually calm but if i try to move her she will attack tongs if i do the same to my male Hottentotta salei he will become skittish and attempts to escape. All my female scorpions seem to be more aggressive/defensive than my male scorpions. My parabuthus villosus has also very interesting behavior it is almost always calm. Even if there is lot of movement near the enclosure and i have bright lights on it will keep doing whatever it was doing before i put lights on.
Great collection you have ! I was deciding between a male or female P Transvaalicus and was told that females are generally more aggressive. So I guess that's true in your case as well. It's fun to watch them attack as soon as you drop in a cricket, but I haven't had that experience yet. Hopefully on my next scorpion...

Sakar7

Arachnopeon
Great collection you have ! I was deciding between a male or female P Transvaalicus and was told that females are generally more aggressive. So I guess that's true in your case as well. It's fun to watch them attack as soon as you drop in a cricket, but I haven't had that experience yet. Hopefully on my next scorpion...
Thanks. It is amazing to watch P.transvaalicus to hunt because most of my scorpions wait until the prey is near enough that they dont have to move but both of my P. transvaalicus start to chase the prey when they feel movement near them but are not close enough to instantly to grab the prey.

Ferrachi

Arachnoprince
Thanks. It is amazing to watch P.transvaalicus to hunt because most of my scorpions wait until the prey is near enough that they dont have to move but both of my P. transvaalicus start to chase the prey when they feel movement near them but are not close enough to instantly to grab the prey.
That's really great to know... my P Transvaalicus will be arriving tomorrow and can't wait ! :scorpion:

Rhino1

Arachnobaron
Look at this video for example... I didn't even realize that they can move this quick after watching how slow and docile mine are... LOL

That's a great idea for housing instars, thankyou. I'm surprised at how quick they can be.
Very cool share

GreenTip

Arachnopeon
My Androctonus amoreuxi and Scorpio maurus was probably the most motivated in defending themselves when I rehoused them.

And my little 3” p. imperator too. Spunky little guys.