what is the biggest avicularia sp.?

KyuZo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
does anyone know what is the biggest species of avicularia that is out there right now? in the pet trade? in the world?
thanks,
jason

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
hm, not totally sure, but certainly huriana is one of the biggest - those get huge. i also saw a bicegoi with at least 6" last weekend at a show.
it's difficult to compare though, as even with versis, old females can grow quite big.

moose35

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
not 100% sure but.............

Avicularia braunshauseni is what my anwser would be. someone correct me if i'm wrong.
tom

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
hm, yes, those get very big as well... but my breeder has mated his girl at around 4.5" and got a viable sac. big, too.

pedipalps

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yes Avicularia braunshauseni are the largest Avic species and fairly agressive.

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Avicularia braunshauseni is actually the largest specimen in the Avilcularia genus I know of.

Who knows, though? That genus is such a mess with all the naturally occurring hybrids and such, not to mention that explorers seem to crank a couple new species out every year or so.

Jonathan

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hello,
I don't know if I have an oddity, but I have a MM A.geroldi that is pushing six inches.
Jon

SavageDigital

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Avicularia braunshauseni
We have a braunshauseni and it's certainly out growing all of the other avics, it's supposed to be the largest. Ours isn't aggressive, I think you have to measure that label against the benchmark for the genus (cuddly versi's and avic avics, etc.).