What is the best Tarantula book to own??

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
I have the Tarantulas Keeper Guide 2nd Edition and its amazing. It has everything you would need to know besides specific needs in between different tarantulas. But all the General info is there. It is a must buy.

peace

TheDon

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
Definately get the book previously mentioned, we tend to think of it as "the bible"... And look into getting this one also

Tarantulas and Other Arachnids - Marshall, S

With these two books you should be pretty much covered for everything. You can also take a look at the book review section here and find many names of other titles

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
i own The Tarantula's Keepers Guide by Stanley & Marguerite Schultz, published by Barron's.

by far, this is THE best T book to own, bar none.

i also found Tarantulas and Other Arachnids also published by Barron's to be good as well.

www.amazon.com is your best bet for these, i think they have a package deal on them...GREAT pricing. :)

if nothing else, own The Tarantula Keeper's Guide, it is worth every cent. it's 287 pages and has answers to every question you could think of, and then some. :)

Haploman

ArachnoEarthTiger
Old Timer
mygales

mygales is the title but you need a french dictionary because its in french the pics in this book are awesome costs 60.00

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If your just starting out then I'd recommend Tarantulas and Other Arachnids by Sam Marshall as a good first book to introduce you to the hobby. It gives basic overall information that touches on most of the bases in a short book. It has lots a good color photos and has species descriptions of many of the common pet tarantulas and it costs less than 10 bucks. Once you get through that then move on to The Tarantula Keepers Guide for more in depth info and to have as an alll around reference. Good luck.

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Re: mygales

Originally posted by Haploman
mygales is the title but you need a french dictionary because its in french the pics in this book are awesome costs 60.00
Cost me more than that Jack.... :( Guess you got a discount for massive miranda purchases... :)

If you click on the links button, there are links that take you directly to pages for purchasing the T keepers guide and T's and other arachnids...

Scott