What is the best substrates for T's? Addatives?

Raena

Arachnopeon
My A. Chalcodes isn't doing well on straight coconut fiber, it's too fluffy for herI. I want to rehouse her and do a mix, but I'm not entirely sure what could be safe to use. I don't want to have to wet it down since my species tends to like it drier. What can I do?

FrmDaLeftCoast

Arachnosquire
My A. Chalcodes isn't doing well on straight coconut fiber, it's too fluffy for herI. I want to rehouse her and do a mix, but I'm not entirely sure what could be safe to use. I don't want to have to wet it down since my species tends to like it drier. What can I do?
If it's too fluffy, you could press down on it and therefore compact the substrate. Besides that, I'd suggest the addition of top soil. Just make sure you read the ingredient list...I'd personally suggest Scotts Premium Topsoil.

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I like to mix sand with the coconut fiber for my desert species (or sand and topsoil) and then pack it down. It does make the enclosures heavier - but also makes a better substrate for burrowing.

FrmDaLeftCoast

Arachnosquire
I like to mix sand with the coconut fiber for my desert species (or sand and topsoil) and then pack it down. It does make the enclosures heavier - but also makes a better substrate for burrowing.
I knew I was forgetting something! LoL. Completely agree ^^^

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer

Did you pack down the sub first?