what is she?

jdmjames

Arachnopeon
sorry im posting here but i cant post it in the gallery. well i got her as an a.seemani (freebie! :D) but i hear they have orange or tan spinerettes, she has black spinnerettes. i was looking and i have seen she might be a PZB but she is mean! ti maybe a wuss since i am new with T's but i dnt think its being a wuss if shes getting in striking position and kicking hairs. lol i have quit trying to hold her but i just want to know what she is so just incase i get tagged i can know what to expect by doing research and going in the bite reports. thanks in advance. :D

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It looks like a E. campestratus (Pink zebra beauty), I'm
unsure of the color of spinnerettes of the PZB, but orange/tan is a sign of it being an A. seemanni (Zebra knee). Either way both are new world species and you have nothing to worry about with venom.

You'll have to post better pics for identification.

And lastly, ditch the wood chips NOW. Get sphagnum peat or coco fiber asap. Post some pictures of it's enclosure so we can give you more pointers.

Welcome to the boards and the hobby. Hope you are prepared for more tarantulas ;)

jdmjames

Arachnopeon
the wood chips are gone, that was just to bring her home, she is on coco fiber now, 78 degrees f 78% humidity. i will try to borrow my gf's camera tonight to get some pics. thanks :)

jdmjames

Arachnopeon
thanks, she is nicee. i think she is an e. campestratus though. been really studying her latley and others on here lol. i finally held her, she kicked some hairs at me got in her threat pose then walked into my hand lol. what a relief :p

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What color are the spinnerettes? Also looking at the leg patterns, A. seemani have a half stripe on the last segment of their leg befor their foot, yours does not. Check the spinnerettes, that's the sure fire way to tell.

jdmjames

Arachnopeon
yeahh her spinnerettesare blackk which is what gave it away but i didnt know that was one of the diferences. i do now, thnks.