What is my OBT doing?

Trey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My OBT has built a coccoon in the upper right hand corner of it's enclosure. It is rejecting food so a molt could be the answer but is it safe for it to molt in the air?

julesaussies

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My OBT has built a coccoon in the upper right hand corner of it's enclosure. It is rejecting food so a molt could be the answer but is it safe for it to molt in the air?
My large female did and was fine. i couldn't begin to guess what is 'normal' for OBT's as all 5 of mine seem very individual from one another!

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
OBT's are an odd species. There are many people who aren't sure to call it an arboreal or a terrestrial. It would not suprise me to have and OBT molt in a burrow one time and spin a web in a tree and molt there next time. They don't spin webs to die so I would not be concerned.

DrGigglez666

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Agree!!

I agree with the above. Mine will web itself up to make it look like a terrestrial then when it comes out to eat and stuff itll climb the walls but eventually will come down. Nice species though if you like color and lots of webbing!! {D

peterspiderling

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i think it should be fine, sounds like a molt, tarantulas dont usualy comit suiside so it will be fine once it molts i should think :D