what is minimum size to move t into final cage?

Dark241993

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My P. Irminia just molted and has to b 3" or at least 2.75". she seems too big for her current cage which is 2.25" x2.25" x5". Ik she needs to b moved, but i want to know if she will be good in her final cage. Now that I think about it she will b around 6" probably at full size. and I would like to have an 8" x 8" x 16". which im thinking is definitly to big, but im asking ur opinion. If i have to I guess it wont b a problem buying a 6" x 6" x10" from tarantulacages.com but i would prefure only buying one more. (gonna have to do the same for my A. Versi soon.)

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My P. Irminia just molted and has to b 3" or at least 2.75". she seems too big for her current cage which is 2.25" x2.25" x5". Ik she needs to b moved, but i want to know if she will be good in her final cage. Now that I think about it she will b around 6" probably at full size. and I would like to have an 8" x 8" x 16". which im thinking is definitly to big, but im asking ur opinion. If i have to I guess it wont b a problem buying a 6" x 6" x10" from tarantulacages.com but i would prefure only buying one more. (gonna have to do the same for my A. Versi soon.)
at 2.5-3" it should be ok to move them into a 8x8x16, give them a few areas to hide so they dont feel too stressed out and make sure u monitor their eating and they should be fine. i have a 1.5" pokie and a 3/4" H. mac in two 4x4x10 an its going just fine. just remember, before humans, the only container tarantulas had was the world ;).

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeap.. I agree.. 8 x 8 x 16 is a fine for a 3" arboreal.. I keep al my Psalmos in a 2.5 gallon.. I forget the meassurements.. But.. It suits them just fine.. Will be their final enclosure.. :)

Congrats on the molt.. :)

spiderworld

Arachnosquire
Yeap.. I agree.. 8 x 8 x 16 is a fine for a 3" arboreal.. I keep al my Psalmos in a 2.5 gallon.. I forget the meassurements.. But.. It suits them just fine.. Will be their final enclosure.. :)

Congrats on the molt.. :)
all my adults psalmo's are in a 225mm x 225mm x 350mm high! i find that they do very well in this type setup, a bit of a mix between arborial & tarestrial. i dont find them extream arborials! infact mibe love making their 'homes' close to the substrate!? and ive bred them a couple times in these setups! whats your take

NevularScorpion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
nothing is too big cage for T. I think that the bigger the better, especially if you plan to breed them. However, there is a minimum cage requirement for adult. Dealer usually keep them in a deli cup but if you want your t to live happily at least put it a shoe box size container so it can at least make a house. anything smaller than that is not good in my opinion, hope my advice helps you. :)

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Dealer usually keep them in a deli cup but if you want your t to live happily at least put it a shoe box size container so it can at least make a house.
Dealers only keep them in deli cups if they are at a show trying to sell them. I really hope no dealer is stupid enough to keep their adults in deli containers at all times.

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Dealers only keep them in deli cups if they are at a show trying to sell them. I really hope no dealer is stupid enough to keep their adults in deli containers at all times.

Oh man...So you think they keep them in tanks or big containers ?????
{D

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Oh man...So you think they keep them in tanks or big containers ?????
{D
No not at all, but I do think they keep them in somewhat bigger containers than a tiny deli cup. So you think a dealer would keep an adult Poecilotheria species in a deli cup?

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The majority of them, for what I have seen...big deli cups.
Think about it, hundreds of T's, plus scorpions, some reptiles,feeders...