What is it?

Frank

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Couldn't it be p. cavamanus (red claw scorp)? (not sure about the spelling of the species, the scorpions files is currently down so I can't check it out)

I'm not good at IDing, but if there's UV light around it might be p. imperator too. Maybe it is more redish because of its fluorescence.

Frank

whoami?

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hard for me to tell, but I don't think it's an emeror. It doesn't seem to have enough granulation on the claws.

But then again, that's sort of hard to tell from that picture.

Static_69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Maybe it is P. cavimanus (sp.?).
I'm color blind to some colors, so I really can't see the red hint to it, lol.

Risto

Fausta

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I appreciate all your input. I looked at it closer and compared it to some pictures and it definitely is not an emperor.
The claws are a bit reddish and it does resemble the red claw. The previous owner said it was called an 'African Scorpion' by the place he bought it from. I attached some more pics. Assuming it is a red claw, what kind of set-up works best? All my other scorpions are desert types.
Thanks again,
Kelly

http://www.maltergalleries.com/catalog/prodimg/sabina/redclaw.jpg[/URL]

Diao

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That is a Pandinus cavimanus, for sure. The second picture allowed me to determine it. It's a female, as well. You keep them the same as you would an emporer. I stress that you need HIGH humidity. These guys love to have it hot and humid. They will burrow, and you will probably not see them for a while. If this happens, then you know you are doing a good job.;)

Fausta

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I appreciate the help. She is happier already.
Kelly