What is has USPS done that ticks you off? Vent thread.

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
Today i was shipping some slings. I went into the post office with my package and she ask me the usual questions. I told her it was fragile. She picks it up and while she asks me "Is it packaged well?" shakes it up and down violently as hard as she can. Before i can even say anything she is trying to break my property. I have never handed this lady any of my packages and i hope i will ever again. I was outraged! :evil: The usual lady that handles my packages doesnt throw my things around. It really pissed me off. Right before i left i said. "Please dont shake my packages like that" She replied " I have to make sure its packed well" I told her "I have never seen anyone shake a fragile package like that" I know my packaging was just fine but what happends to property they damage right in front of you? :mad: Especialy without any warning. Id like to hear all of your negetive experiences with usps. Bring em on! :p

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
....For making my Priority packages arrive either the same day as,or BEFORE my Express packages.I mean,whats the point of Express again?..And making me pay for a confirmtion/tracking #,only to never have it show in the system. again,whats the point?.......And last but not least,playing rugby with my packages.

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Problem is : I went to ship a MM to BC and one of the employees recognised me, and told his boss that I usualy ship tarantula this way. His boss then went back to me and refused to ship anything unless I opened the box to prove it wasn't a T....:evil:

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
Problem is : I went to ship a MM to BC and one of the employees recognised me, and told his boss that I usualy ship tarantula this way. His boss then went back to me and refused to ship anything unless I opened the box to prove it wasn't a T....:evil:
Wow thats gotta be a pain in the ^#@. Did you find another location to ship from?

John Apple

Just a guy
Old Timer
Its not illegal. USPS doesnt allow shipping of Ts. But i have a policy for them too.. What they dont know doesnt hurt them. :p
Ummm yeah it is totally against policy to ship spiders, but you can ship scorps to a facility and bees apparantly
I have not ised usps for this very same reason as I had a package held back...I was honest and said what was in each package that I have shipped...well one day a lady with a wild hair up her you know what decided to look up policy in the 'big' book...then call me a tell me to get my package the next day

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
Can this thread include Canada post as well?

Usually, they're alright, but this one time....

I'm waiting for a package on a Wednesday morning. Now, from the tracking, I see it was out for delivery at 815am. Usually it gets to my place by around 10 or 11. By 12pm, still no box. Now I work nights, and being up at 12pm is like being up at 12am when you work a 9-5. So anyway, I check the tracking by 1pm, and it says it's enroute to the post office.
WHAT.
I was home the whole time. No knock, no doorbell ring. I went outside and looked around, and no "we missed you" slip either! By this point I was dead tired, but the rage gave me renewed energy. I called the post office, and told 'em what was going on. They said,
"oh, sometimes when they're running late, they don't have to leave a note. It will be mailed to you. But they ALWAYS try to knock or ring first. You will be able to pick up your package tommorrow."

NOPE.

So, I Batman-ed the mailpersons route, and caught up with him as he was just parking his truck outside the post office later that day. After a few words, we both walked into the post office where, after much complaining, they spent an extra half hour doing the paper work so I could take my package home. They didn't look to pleased with the mailperson.
The next day, I get the "we missed you" slip in the mail. Unfortunately, no second parcel with second spider.

I got a grand total of 3 hours sleep that day, but man it felt good being able to get that package that day.

MOBugGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Iv never really had probs with usps. The post master know what I ship (cuz of my mom) and she knows its not allowed but she just says if I ever get caught just dont tell any usps ppl she knows.

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I was 4hrs late to work one day thanks to their lovely delivery people. Someone who doesn't normally do my route delivered my last package. The guy did all the paper stuff, then I figured he'd drive the packages around the complex. I peeked out the windows a few mintes later, only to realize he was gone.

The guy came back with my package 3hrs later. Took me another hour to unpack 30 to 40ish nearly microscopic scorpion slings!

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
How did the employee know you shipped T's to begin with???

I ship my fare share, never note the package is fragile, and answer all the Q's they ask. No one knows, and not too long ago I shiped a bunch of boxes, and the lady asked if there was anything in the box since it was so light, I said, same thing in every box, just not much of it:}

PIG-

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My Post Master knows what I am shipping.. Before I knew it was illegal... I told her whast I was shipping when she asked... She has never had an issue with the packages.. She has made comments of how crazy I am for dealing with them.. But other than that... She never says anything..

The MAIN problem I have with the USPS...

I can send a package Express & Priority... It take Express 2 days to get to anywhere I send it.. It takes Priority 2-3 days.. Mostly takes 2 days with Priority..

kylestl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Can't say how many times people think it is illeagal to ship t's. It is like how you mom would have you clean your room. If you didn't do it there would be punishments but no trouble with the law. One time when I was getting a snake in the mail the delivery man was walking up driveway tossing my package around. All he had to do was look at his screen thingy and it said fragile and he didn't even know a signature was required which could have made me lose my live arrival guarenteed.

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well, no matter how you want to read it, it is ILLEGAL .

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
I HATE USPS with a passion. I've actually sell/breed less Ts just to avoid dealing with them. I can't stand their customer service and they missed their scheduled pick one time, which is just not acceptable.

Nicole

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well, no matter how you want to read it, it is ILLEGAL .
Yep, from the USPS domestic mail manual:
8.5 Harmful Matter—General
Except as provided in this document, any article, composition, or material is nonmailable if it can kill or injure another or injure the mail or other property. Harmful matter includes, but is not limited to:
a. All types and classes of poisons, including controlled substances.
b. All poisonous animals except scorpions mailed for medical research purposes or for the manufacture of antivenom; all poisonous insects; all poisonous reptiles; and all types of snakes, turtles, and spiders.
c. All disease germs or scabs.
d. All explosives, flammable material, infernal machines, and mechanical, chemical, or other devices or compositions that may ignite or explode.
and the law:
18 USC Sec. 1716. Injurious articles as nonmailable

(a) All kinds of poison, and all articles and compositions
containing poison, and all poisonous animals, insects, reptiles,
and all explosives, inflammable materials, infernal machines, and
mechanical, chemical, or other devices or compositions which may
ignite or explode, and all disease germs or scabs, and all other
natural or artificial articles, compositions, or material which may
kill or injure another, or injure the mails or other property,
whether or not sealed as first-class matter, are nonmailable matter
and shall not be conveyed in the mails or delivered from any post
office or station thereof, nor by any officer or employee of the
Postal Service.

Who the heck mails scabs? D:

I recently had to get a PO box in the town I work in for important shipments, because my local PO and the driver for my route suck. She'll do anything to not get out of her car and just leaves a slip for no reason if she doesn't feel like coming to the door. The last one had "fence" written on it, as if that fence hasn't been there for the last 20 years and has never caused problems before. :?

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
The last one had "fence" written on it, as if that fence hasn't been there for the last 20 years and has never caused problems before. :?
Fence!?!? Thats rediculous. Should of wrote "too lazy" on the package. {D

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I wouldnt vent to much about USPS. First what your shipping is indeed ILLEGAL and punishable.

Second. you got mad her her for shaking the package? :? Havent you ever heard that packages labeled with "fragile" are the ones who take the most beating?....Its true.

Also, she wont be the only one shaking you package. some employees kick boxes, throw them, drop them...ect.

This is why I pack good enough so nothing happens to my tarantulas. Yet people gripe about me charge 2 dollars extra for the packing supplies that ensure their T arrive safe and undamaged from this type of handling.

plain and simple, I wouldnt gripe. be lucky they dont know what you were shipping.

Also, you know "big brother" watching the net. so be careful what you say regarding this stuff. Im sure the USPS people are already suspicious of this activity due to all the letters sent to senators..

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
I wouldnt vent to much about USPS. First what your shipping is indeed ILLEGAL and punishable.

Second. you got mad her her for shaking the package? :? Havent you ever heard that packages labeled with "fragile" are the ones who take the most beating?....Its true.

Also, she wont be the only one shaking you package. some employees kick boxes, throw them, drop them...ect.

This is why I pack good enough so nothing happens to my tarantulas. Yet people gripe about me charge 2 dollars extra for the packing supplies that ensure their T arrive safe and undamaged from this type of handling.

plain and simple, I wouldnt gripe. be lucky they dont know what you were shipping.

Also, you know "big brother" watching the net. so be careful what you say regarding this stuff. Im sure the USPS people are already suspicious of this activity due to all the letters sent to senators..
Im sure they will take the time to hunt someone down by watching AB 24/7. Find out exactly where i live and when and where im shipping a tarantula. It is possible, but i highly doubt it will happen. Its not like i live in florida and sell alot of exotic animals.

I agree. Packages that are fragile probably are the most abused. They abuse fragile packages so when something breaks you get insurance next time. :p Its like the mob pay us or well mess up the place. {D

tarantulaeddie0

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
They get payed either way

When it specifically says in BIG letters, DO NOT LEAVE IN DIRECT SUNLIGHT, PERISHABLE, FRAGILE. And its sitting on the front pourch. IN THE 90'+ sun, not even a knock at the door. Yes ive sat at the door and watched. wut the hell,:mad: did they miss that part if the class at usps. Either way, dead or alive, they get payed either way.

And to think i was going to work for them, i think not.