WHAT IS GOING ON?!?!

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
I just checked on Boudica, my baby BP, and noticed my P. regalis is molting! I am not sure how to tell if a spider is an adult via molt, so if someone could tell me, that would be awesome. This is my "Beast" regalis, that just ate a couple days ago!!! Why are all my pokies eating, then molting?!? This is awesome but crazy, my new model arrived, my spiders molted within days of eachother to very large sizes, and more! in a few days I'll see if I can fish out the molt.

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Check between the first pair of book lungs on the molt. If there's a flap, it's female. If it lacks one, it's male.
I think he's talking about how to tell if it's an adult... lol

Adult... meaning breedable size? Breedable size I'd say is probably around 6ish inches. I wouldn't breed it at that size though. Full size varies between specimens.

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
I think he's talking about how to tell if it's an adult... lol

Adult... meaning breedable size? Breedable size I'd say is probably around 6ish inches. I wouldn't breed it at that size though. Full size varies between specimens.
Thank you. And @Arachnomaniac19 all of my tarantulas are sexed by me, and sexing pokies is easy ventrally. I asked how tell if it was a sexually mature, not gender. This one is a confirmed female, as is her much smaller sister.

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
Yeah temps are average 80 - 98 outside, and my room is always at least 82 for my free roamers (mantids that just kind come and go) so they molt quickly.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
You're a smart guy, I'll let you do the research for pictures. Look up how to tell if the spermatheca has scleretized. Good luck, mate :) Hoping for a female!

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
You're a smart guy, I'll let you do the research for pictures. Look up how to tell if the spermatheca has scleretized. Good luck, mate :) Hoping for a female!
She is a girl alright, I just am figuring out if its mature.

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
Yep Vegas is feeling like the mouth of hell right now. City gets so darn heat soaked. I think it's still like 102 outside ugh.

magicmed

Arachnobaron
Yeah this heat has got to be affecting molting, in the last month and a half I've had 2 h. Sp. Columbia molt twice, my versicolor, G. Pulchripes, and B. Vagans have molted and the pulchripes and vagans are bald butted and buried again. I'm not going to complain, my little guys are getting bigger!

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Yeah this heat has got to be affecting molting, in the last month and a half I've had 2 h. Sp. Columbia molt twice, my versicolor, G. Pulchripes, and B. Vagans have molted and the pulchripes and vagans are bald butted and buried again. I'm not going to complain, my little guys are getting bigger!

Make sure the room and cages are humid, as high temps dry out their molting fluids faster, and when they thicken, they start to lose the lubrication. Molting spiders are exhausted during the ordeal and too much resistance from pulling out of the old skin can easily be serious or fatal.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Yep Vegas is feeling like the mouth of hell right now. City gets so darn heat soaked. I think it's still like 102 outside ugh.
Usually rain helps drop the temperature. Not this time - it's supposed to rain on Thursday, and it's still set to be 109F.

Personally, I love this time of year. Molts galore!

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
Usually rain helps drop the temperature. Not this time - it's supposed to rain on Thursday, and it's still set to be 109F.

Personally, I love this time of year. Molts galore!
I was really hoping for that temp drop. There's a mm regalis waiting to be sent here and I need him now lol. Looks like I will be waiting awhile now. The temps barely dropped in the last storms. I'm headed out to the desert tonight for some relief from this heat soaked city. @EulersK are you in Vegas or out skirts?