What is causing the white particles around bottom corners of my t's enclosure

majonezara

Arachnopeon
Is it mold? The dude on the Exotics Lair YouTube channel talked about that and in my case that doesn't look like mold but rather like water particles that slid between the glass and substrate after moisturizing the substrate. I am a beginner, bought my first tarantula yesterday, that's why I don't want to make any assumptions, since that might lead me into doing something wrong.

Tarantulafeets

Arachnobaron
The enclosure might be a little too wet but it depends on what species you have. You can just let the substrate dry out over time.

gabrielgartner

Arachnosquire
Depends, condensation is the result of different temps inside and outside the cage. When I remove my Ts from their otherwise warm rooms, I will temporarily see condensation on the insides of their cages.

Regarding moisture, it’s hard to give specifics because you don’t even mention the species in your post!

majonezara

Arachnopeon
Depends, condensation is the result of different temps inside and outside the cage. When I remove my Ts from their otherwise warm rooms, I will temporarily see condensation on the insides of their cages.

Regarding moisture, it’s hard to give specifics because you don’t even mention the species in your post!
Oh sorry, it's Nhandu Chromatus.

gabrielgartner

Arachnosquire
I also wouldn’t be taking husbandry advice from exotics lair. That guy is the shock jock of the tarantula keeping world and his husbandry is suspect.

Oh sorry, it's Nhandu Chromatus.
Wet one side of the enclosure, let it dry, repeat. Keep a shallow water dish full at all times.

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
Is it mold? The dude on the Exotics Lair YouTube channel talked about that and in my case that doesn't look like mold but rather like water particles that slid between the glass and substrate after moisturizing the substrate. I am a beginner, bought my first tarantula yesterday, that's why I don't want to make any assumptions, since that might lead me into doing something wrong.
Nothing to be alarmed about. Like others said it is condensation from temperature change usually from warmer temp to lower. Let it dry only over filling water dish once it dries a little.

vicareux

A. geniculata worship cult member
Welcome to the forum,fellow countryman.
I recognize the enclosure - Those enclosures provided by that seller have mesh lids,correct?
Mesh lids can be potentially harmful to tarantulas,so it'd be smart to replace the mesh with something that has holes drilled in.
(My T. Albo managed to get his fang broken when biting one of those. I rehoused in a different enclosure soon after)
They can also get their tarsal claws on their feet stuck,and potentially loose the leg.

majonezara

Arachnopeon
Welcome to the forum,fellow countryman.
I recognize the enclosure - Those enclosures provided by that seller have mesh lids,correct?
Mesh lids can be potentially harmful to tarantulas,so it'd be smart to replace the mesh with something that has holes drilled in.
(My T. Albo managed to get his fang broken when biting one of those. I rehoused in a different enclosure soon after)
They can also get their tarsal claws on their feet stuck,and potentially loose the leg.
Well it's got 2 lids, 1 is glass and other is mesh. Though I will make sure to make another one same as the glass lid, but I was just wondering - if I do that, will the t. have enough fresh air? Also my tarantula has been sitting between one of the lids and the decorative "stone" wall (or whatever material that is) the entire day, it surely isn't molting, since its not on it's back or on it's side... just sitting there. Should I wait until tomorrow for the t. to make a move or try and poke it carefully with something that isn't sharp or can't hurt it. And it's shouldn't be stuck since how would it even get in there. I was told yesterday that tarantulas tend to do that due to a new environment.

Well it's got 2 lids, 1 is glass and other is mesh. Though I will make sure to make another one same as the glass lid, but I was just wondering - if I do that, will the t. have enough fresh air? Also my tarantula has been sitting between one of the lids and the decorative "stone" wall (or whatever material that is) the entire day, it surely isn't molting, since its not on it's back or on it's side... just sitting there. Should I wait until tomorrow for the t. to make a move or try and poke it carefully with something that isn't sharp or can't hurt it. And it's shouldn't be stuck since how would it even get in there. I was told yesterday that tarantulas tend to do that due to a new environment.
oh yeah and here's the pic, I think this is what you meant when you said mesh lid

Attachments

vicareux

A. geniculata worship cult member
Ventilation is absolutely important,not just for tarantula's breathing,but to let the stuffy moist air ventilate out. So find a flat piece of plastic,acrylic,or you may even try plywood (šper ploča as we call it) and drill holes into that and replace the mesh panel piece. I had a hard time finding something suitable to replace the mesh panel with,so i just rehoused in a whole different enclosure (Plastic storage tub did the work just fine).

And yeah,your tarantula is just adjusting to the surroundings. Give it a week or so,your tarantula will explore its enviorment,and during that time don't do anything that will stress it out (Poking,brushing and absolutely not attempt handling).

Good luck with your tarantula and i hope to hear good news in the future :D (There's a chance that our Chromatus' might even be sac mates :rofl: - we got it from the same breeder)