What is attached to my Imperator baby tail?

Zope

Arachnopeon
My Imperator just had babies and I'm almost at a loss for words. For one, I had no idea she was pregnant. I just thought she was fat.

Unlike what I've read my Emperor ate like clockwork despite babies being on her back and prior to being pregnant. I feed her about 3 crickets a week. She never refused a crickent and I've had her now for about 5-6 months.

Anyways she had her babies and like you all said they just rode around on her back. Well its been about a week since the birth and all but one are still riding on her back. One of them was crawling around last night so I did what some of you said and seperated him into a smaller enclosure.

My fear is coming from the way this baby looks. He/She seems to have something tied to it's tail. I'll post the links to the pictures. They are kind of big so I'll just post a link instead of attaching them. Also I'm including a picture of the mother with the other babies.

http://www.zer0t.com/images/scorpions/scorp1.jpg

http://www.zer0t.com/images/scorpions/scorp2.jpg

http://www.zer0t.com/images/scorpions/scorp3.jpg

T-chick

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It looks like a previous molt to me.. I would either leave it alone. OR if you can possibly get it to hold still, take a very small pair of scissors or nail clippers and cut the stuff away from the tail.
Just a thought.

Zope

Arachnopeon
That kind of scares me lol. The picture maybe fooling you about its size. It is extremely small. I could barely pick him up. I had to sort of brush him towards my hand because if I would have grabbed him with two finger I would have crushed him. These babies have not molted yet, or atleast I assumed they would turn dark when they molt. If I'm wrong I think I'm afraid to remove it cause I don't want to kill him.

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
THey are molting, and whats that toy-like object in the tank....

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
EAd- I think those are nunchucks... maybe a weapon from a fallen foe !;P ;P

Zope

Arachnopeon
Well I'm glad to hear thats what that is. I was terrified he was gonna die because of whatever it was. Sorry I never even seen the babies before first hand.

The object in the picture is a small numchuck from a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle action figure. I cleaned it off and threw it in his cage for him to play with. It's absolutely halarious to see him walking around carrying it.

Hopefully your not asking because its bad. If it is, I will remove it right away. My scorpion can probably thank the people on this board for his life right now :)

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Like has been said, that is the exuvium from an I1 to a I2 moult. The problem I see here for that little one is that it is blocking the anus. Just south of the telson is the anus and being blocked may lead to an impaction from not expelling its waste. It'll be another 2 - 3 weeks before they moult again so you may want to think about assisting that 'skin' off it's tail. Just my humble opinion.

Zope

Arachnopeon
Wow I would never have known that. Thanks for the info. I'm not sure how I'll do it but I guess I have to. Since it's only been a week and he's the only baby to be off his mother's back do you think he's sick already? I won't get home for another 4 1/2 hours. Hopefully the baby will be alright.

kahoy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
same here... 1i exuv, its soft so my worries would be like 50%, it can easily get rid of by water, but make sure that it will not loss the telson...

Zope

Arachnopeon
Ok I will do whatever necessary to remove what you guys are calling the exuvium. I think when I'm done I'll put him back with his mother. I think I may have moved him from his mother too early. Maybe give it another week.

tyrel

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The object in the picture is a small numchuck from a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle action figure. I cleaned it off and threw it in his cage for him to play with. It's absolutely halarious to see him walking around carrying it.
I used to have a praying mantis that held a barbie tennis racket. :D

CreepyCrawlaz

Arachnopeon
Get on subject

:embarrassed: You people realy get off subject....You bring shame to tarantulas. I pity you all....

CreepyCrawlaz

Arachnopeon
Same thing happend to me

We too (the unsuspecting consumer) bought an Emp Scorpion and it too was knocked up! And it had a litter of the whitest scorps weve evea seen. Babes....Shudder...What you see here is shed exoskeletons of the babes i think no worries. :wall: ;P

slimtim454

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
So you threw the toy in the tank and she just picked it up and walked around with it? That is a riot!

Zope

Arachnopeon
I'll have to get a picture for you guys of her holding it. I have a toy scorpion in the tank also but she moves the nunchucks around a lot. Every once in a while I'll walk up to the tank to see her holding it. I litterally LOL every time.

Back to topic, I tried to pull on the stuff attached but it wouldn't budge. I didn't put the baby back with his mother either. I second guessed my own opinion lol.

Zope

Arachnopeon
Here's the pictures I promised of her holding the numchucks. There also found in the pictures thread.