what have you fed your centipede?

a7051

Arachnopeon
I just fed mine quiet a nice sized potato bug while at work today so show off my pede to me coworkers and it got me thinking, what interesting things could you feed your pede?

SouthernStyle

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
USUALLY, all of Mine Chow down a variety of critters From Pinkies, Fuzzies, Roaches, Crickets to the occasional Lizard...Only Anole's Dont stress...They're CB by me Cuz my little sister in law LOVES them, and they dont live that long when you have a 7 year old taking care of them ::grumbles::

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yeah, most of mine just crickets,but my huge ones,gigantea,suspinipies get a small frozen/thawed mouse now and then.:)

324r350

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Whenever my sister and mom used to find bugs in the house, it used to be, David, flush it down the toilet
Now its, David, put it in with the centipedes
its usually gone by morning
That includes spiders, other centipedes of scutigera but mostly spider crickets
Ill bet theyll eat nearly any invertebrate

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Mine have had crickets, mealworms, two species of roaches, and my adult subspinipes had F/T pinkies.

Kinda boring, I know, but I'm hesitant about wild-caught prey items.

Scolopendra

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
criks, lizards, pinkies and juvi hissers, sometimes adults. love the way they work around the hissers trying to figure out how they're supposed to eat this thing that feels like a rock.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ha, yeah the Hissers have pretty good footing and can drag a pede around some. I fed an S. h. heros a small Hisser and it seemed to be getting pretty irritated. don't feed out full grown ones though. So anyway, crix, small lizards, B. dubias, moths ...they love moths. Fed one a spent female Polyphemus moth the other day. It ate the whole thing and wanted more. ...C. vittatus scorps I find in my house ..alive, stinger and all. They handle it real well and looks to be a food item they've (heros) evolved to prey upon around here. I've fed them Ts that have had accidents. From what I can tell, heros pedes have evolved to have a natural fear of Ts. But once they taste T blood, they will start to eat. I've picked up smashed and injured Ts off the road around here, real common. I remember reading a thread here asking people to guess whether a pede or T would win if they got in a fight. I think they'd both die. I've never done it and wouldn't, but I would guess that the T would chomp down, the pede would wrap around and chomp down too, two losers in the end.

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ha, yeah the Hissers have pretty good footing and can drag a pede around some. I fed an S. h. heros a small Hisser and it seemed to be getting pretty irritated. don't feed out full grown ones though. So anyway, crix, small lizards, B. dubias, moths ...they love moths. Fed one a spent female Polyphemus moth the other day. It ate the whole thing and wanted more. ...C. vittatus scorps I find in my house ..alive, stinger and all. They handle it real well and looks to be a food item they've (heros) evolved to prey upon around here. I've fed them Ts that have had accidents. From what I can tell, heros pedes have evolved to have a natural fear of Ts. But once they taste T blood, they will start to eat. I've picked up smashed and injured Ts off the road around here, real common. I remember reading a thread here asking people to guess whether a pede or T would win if they got in a fight. I think they'd both die. I've never done it and wouldn't, but I would guess that the T would chomp down, the pede would wrap around and chomp down too, two losers in the end.
that question has been posed before:( and usually it will be the t that loses..i think there are several posts on youtube with people putting it to a test and i dont think a t has won one yet.......

hibludij

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Here is mine E.trigonopodus eating a banana i gave it. It needed a litle convincing but in the end it looked very hapy with its meal.

usualy i feed mine just crickets and grasshopers, sometimes local lithiobiomorpha species.