What has temp change done for all of you lately?

XOskeletonRED

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Due to the recent temperature change, humidity levels, etc. of Spring, I have had 2 female scorps give birth (C. margaritatus) and one Tarantula molt (Aphonopelma seemani)! By appearance alone, it appears as though I will have at least eight more scorps have their young! I love the warmer climates!

adios,
edw. =D

chau0046

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well it`s made my 2 male Emps get quite ansie , and they walk back in for ,looking for some lucky nfemale. But they usualy just run into each other and have minor disputes!

And well Of course my C. Graciliis popped two weeks ago.

Mat

Whitdadie

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well, it has made my Veiled Chameleon start to shed.. but nothing yet with Spike. Maybe he will come out for the first time in a month :eek:)

Whitdadie

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ok, i retract my previous post. I checked on Spike last night (lifted up his rock) and he has a clone sitting next to him. Well, maybe not an exact clone but his old exoskeleton is in there and he is about twice the size he was when he first went in. What should i do with the shed? Just take it out im guessing. With many lizards you leave it in there and they eat it, not the same with inverts tho correct?

XOskeletonRED

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
That is correct. Removal of the shed exo. Arachnids will eventually push it out of the burrow anyway and that's when I remove the old exos.

adios,
edw. :D

PS: This Spring stuff rocks! =D

Reitz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Two of my emps mated today. It's exciting because I'm fairly sure the female that mated was the same one that as of a few weeks ago was not sexually mature. Maybe she left me a molt to find too!

Chris