What happened to Sicarius Thomisoides?

Necrodude

Arachnopeon
I used to always see Sicarius Thomisoides for sale not to long ago. I always wanted one but just never got around to buying one. Of course now that I'm looking for one it seems like I can't find anyone with them. Is there a reason I can't find them for sale anymore?

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Never saw those for sale here in Europe, actually (not Italy anyway since they are banned due to the venom potency, so mostly UK and Switzerland). Here was basically S.hahni and, to a lesser extent, S.terrosus, if my memory doesn't betray me :)

The Seraph

Arachnolord
I know bugsincyberspace sometimes has Homalonychus for sale, which is similar to Sicarius Thomisoides. Otherwise, they are very uncommon. Don't think they are illegal, just uncommon.

Mini8leggedfreak

Arachnoknight
I know they come from a desert in Africa and I believe somwhere in Brazil or Chile. That might have something to do with availability. I got mine for 20$ about 6 months ago and now they’re 60$

Necrodude

Arachnopeon
I know they're not common but I used to see them all the time for sale. I've been looking for the past 2 months. I also used to see them at the expos I used to go to. Last one I went to nobody had any.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Ah, ok. Wait a minute. S.thomisoides are basically S.terrosus (the species I was talking in post #2). Here everyone called those S.terrosus, that's why.

Yep, here in Europe they are available, altough more uncommon today, but still... :)

Necrodude

Arachnopeon
Yeah, I see them for sale in Europe and Canada but not here in the US. I guess I'll just have to keep looking.

NYAN

Arachnoking
They pop up sometimes. I got mine not too long ago. There’s a few pairs which exist also.

Necrodude

Arachnopeon
Did you get yours on here? I've been on different websites and facebook groups looking for one. I found someone selling one on facebook but they never messaged me back. I guess I just have to be patient and keep my eyes open.

NYAN

Arachnoking
Did you get yours on here? I've been on different websites and facebook groups looking for one. I found someone selling one on facebook but they never messaged me back. I guess I just have to be patient and keep my eyes open.
Is it the dude with the very expensive female?

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
They were really common a few years ago because @gromgrom and I ended up with waaayyy too many slings at once, so we both sold tons and then I believe the females as well. This could still be part of the lull as the slings are growing to adulthood before people start breeding them.

Necrodude

Arachnopeon
Is it the dude with the very expensive female?
Yep that's the one. I knew it was to high of a price. I made him a offer but I guess he didn't like it.
They were really common a few years ago because @gromgrom and I ended up with waaayyy too many slings at once, so we both sold tons and then I believe the females as well. This could still be part of the lull as the slings are growing to adulthood before people start breeding them.
Now it makes sense why there were so many. I should of just bought one when I saw them. Hopefully they start to become available again.

JAFUENTES

Arachnodragon
Netbug has them but not on their site. You have to email them to see if they still have

NYAN

Arachnoking
Yep that's the one. I knew it was to high of a price. I made him a offer but I guess he didn't like it.
Now it makes sense why there were so many. I should of just bought one when I saw them. Hopefully they start to become available again.
I have a male which is mature. His is penultimate apparently. If you buy it, maybe we can breed.

Necrodude

Arachnopeon
Netbug has them but not on their site. You have to email them to see if they still have
Thanks for letting me know. I sent them an email.
I have a male which is mature. His is penultimate apparently. If you buy it, maybe we can breed.
I've never bred any species before but I would definitely think about it. Like I said he didn't even reply back to my message I sent him.

basin79

ArachnoGod
I count myself very lucky to have my male. Rare as hen's teeth here in the UK to see any for sale.

RTTB

Arachnoprince
Had a couple lbefore. Kinda sorry I got rid of them as they seem kinda scarce lately.

Necrodude

Arachnopeon
Somebody messaged me on Tarantula forum saying they had a female and male for sale. They want me to send payment through western union though. I've gotten scammed before using that payment method so I won't do it. They said they will message me tomorrow with a different payment method. I guess we will see tomorrow.