What happened to my cellar spider?

curious34

Arachnopeon
I had a cellar spider in my bathroom, about a foot to the left and a foot above my sink since last September. I enjoyed seeing the spider every morning as I shaved. The spider had a well-stocked web with a fly and many mites. The spider was in the regular spot in the web when I left Friday morning, nobody else was in the house in the interim, the door was shut and when I came home the spider was gone! No body, no sign of the spider. I checked the sink and the bathtub. I obviously didn't do a complete search of the house, like looking under heavy furniture, but cellar is no where to be seen on any of the ceilings. Any ideas? Is this unusual for them to wander after such a time? I've seen them before, of course, but never took long term notice of them. Thanks for any ideas.

Belegnole

Tarantula Guy
Old Timer
You could feel free to come over and take one or more of the forty billion at my place.

However the cellar spiders at my place do the same thing. Sometimes they have very tiny places that they hide in. Other times I think that they evaporate.

basin79

ArachnoGod
The cellar spiders I have in my house move around.

They'll be "happily" in one spot for weeks and then appear else where.

I've just had a huge female appear in the top corner of my animal room. No idea where she came from but she's definitely been feeding well.

Leila

Arachnobaron
I had 3 or 4 cellar spiders in my bedroom once. They hung around for about a week and just totally vanished after that.

I mean, it was so weird how there were so many one day and then absolutely none days later. I've spotted zero of them since then. Kinda makes me sad. Lol.

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
pholcids never make permanent webs. their main prey is spiders and you cant stay still if you want most spiders

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
They go for a stroll around here all the time. With a white ceramic tile floor they are easy to spot, often a few every week out wandering around.