What happen to this Irminia?

mosca9tails

Arachnopeon
<edit>

So i saw this picture of psalmopeus irminia in a Facebook post and it says that this one got a bad molt. What do you guys think happened to this one? I’ve seen quite a few of this cases of irminia losing their hair after molting here in the Philippines, I wonder what triggers this

Last edited by a moderator:

mosca9tails

Arachnopeon
Are you sure that's a Psalmopoeus?
Yup its a psalmopeus
This is the tarantula before molting

<edit - images have been removed>

Heres another case of psalmopeus irminia losing its hair after molting

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
You trolling? I’m not sure I’ve ever heard of such a thing happening.

mosca9tails

Arachnopeon
You trolling? I’m not sure I’ve ever heard of such a thing happening.
Definitely not
What would i gain in trolling here in arachnoboards?
I post it here cause nobody seems to have a clue why this anomaly is happening and I cant seem to find any case like this in the internet

Did they survive the process?
What feeders were they eating?
The first picture seems to be holding on, but its definitely not in good shape. Its been like that for 2 weeks now.
The second picture i dont have any clue, the owner says that he has 2 of it, both lost their hairs just like that, but the other one didnt survive after molting

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Definitely not
What would i gain in trolling here in arachnoboards?
I post it here cause nobody seems to have a clue why this anomaly is happening and I cant seem to find any case like this in the internet
Some people have before lol.

but I have no idea what could cause this and cause a almost full removal of all setae during a molt.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
The second picture i dont have any clue, the owner says that he has 2 of it, both lost their hairs just like that, but the other one didnt survive after molting
This leads be to believe it’s some environmental if he had two that had done it.

mosca9tails

Arachnopeon
This leads be to believe it’s some environmental if he had two that had done it.
Temperature could have been possible for the 2nd picture cause that happen during the hot season where temp can go as high as 37-40 celsius, humidity 50-70%
But the first picture happened during rainy season, temp range 26-28 celsius 60-80%

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Temperature could have been possible for the 2nd picture cause that happen during the hot season where temp can go as high as 37-40 celsius, humidity 50-70%
But the first picture happened during rainy season, temp range 26-28 celsius 60-80%
Sorry I meant to say abiotic, not so much environmental as temp. Sorry coming from plant disease diagnosis

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
IDK what, but something doesn't make sense here, something seems well, not true here, but w/nature anything is possible.. Enjoy!

And yes, people troll here all the time!

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
No. Not since the last time she had a perm
I was thinking I was going to give my irminia a fade tonight. I built a set of micro clippers for all my tarantula hair cut needs. My cambridgei I gave a #.1 buzz cut yesterday. He’s looking extra clean now ready for that upcoming mate. I heard female tarantulas care a lot about how well their partner cleans up. Fingers crossed🤞

mosca9tails

Arachnopeon
IDK what, but something doesn't make sense here, something seems well, not true here, but w/nature anything is possible.. Enjoy!

And yes, people troll here all the time!
welp, hope someone can really explain what really happen to these irminias
really sucks to see them ending up like that

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
welp, hope someone can really explain what really happen to these irminias
really sucks to see them ending up like that
I have strong doubts, I’ve learned not to believe everything I read or see. If it is indeed real, I don’t think anyone is going to be able to tell you what happened as this I have never heard about before. Maybe the owner nair-ed it lol. Idk.