What Gender Is My Asian Forest Scorpion?

Dillio

Arachnopeon
So I was very curious about the gender of my Asian Forest Scorpion, Pete, and I read that you need a picture of their stomachs. Well when I woke up this morning it was sitting like this so i quickly took some pictures. So can anyone tell me if it is Male or Female? Thanks

Attachments

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
So I was very curious about the gender of my Asian Forest Scorpion, Pete, and I read that you need a picture of their stomachs. Well when I woke up this morning it was sitting like this so i quickly took some pictures. So can anyone tell me if it is Male or Female? Thanks
Looks like an acrobat to me. LoL

Serious note, appears female just based on what I can see but don't quote me 100%.

Also, for future reference, when talking about whether an invertebrate is male or female, the term is what is the sex, not the gender :)

Dillio

Arachnopeon
Looks like an acrobat to me. LoL

Serious note, appears female just based on what I can see but don't quote me 100%.

Also, for future reference, when talking about whether an invertebrate is male or female, the term is what is the sex, not the gender :)
Thanks or the answer, also thanks for the tip. This is the first arachnid that I've owned so I'm new to this. Appreciate it!

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Thanks or the answer, also thanks for the tip. This is the first arachnid that I've owned so I'm new to this. Appreciate it!
Welcome to the invertebrate world my friend. Glad to have you on board!

Jonathan159

Arachnosquire
Same difference, But good to know.
From a communication standpoint there isn't a difference between sex and gender when talking in a conversation in which both parties are aware of the question being put forth but if your question is "what is the difference between gender and sex?"
Sex refers to physical differences where gender refers to social differences within the community. Sex is defined by male or female whereas gender is defined by masculine or feminine (a male could show feminine attributes but that doesn't make it a female). Alot of scorpions are not sexually dimorphic which means you cannot tell the sex without looking at the reproductive organs. A physical anatomy which is not feminine or masculine but is by definition, male or female.

Gallero

Arachnopeon

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Gallero

Arachnopeon
Some people have been telling me female...others male...im having some trouble figuring out what it is...

Katiej4uk

Arachnopeon
Hi.
We have an amazing scorpion called King.
Today I took this pic and from looking at it I think King should now be Queen.
Can anyone confirm this please?
Many thanks

Attachments

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
Hi.
We have an amazing scorpion called King.
Today I took this pic and from looking at it I think King should now be Queen.
Can anyone confirm this please?
Many thanks
Bit of a cross-over this one. I have counted the teeth and there are 16 ( Males have 14-18 Females have 12-16 ) However judging from the shape of the genital operculum the King is still King.