What fruit do you all feed to your centipedes

NYAN

Arachnoking
A3FD4769-B4A4-46AD-97D9-A589E7BB011B.jpeg Just snapped this pic. Scolopendra polymorpha eating apple.

NYAN

Arachnoking
Scolopendra hainanum enjoyed some also. Couldn’t get a photo though.

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
I use a bottle cap and fill it with mushed banana. Most of my centipedes won't eat it though.

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
My pedes' fruit preferences all fluctuate. Sometimes they go after it with no hesitation, other times they outright avoid it.

StampFan

Arachnodemon
This thread makes me start to wonder if it would be worth trying some Repashy, like the Grubs n Fruit, or any of the Crested Gecko diets. All fruit based with protein added. Mango, banana, etc.

NYAN

Arachnoking
This thread makes me start to wonder if it would be worth trying some Repashy, like the Grubs n Fruit, or any of the Crested Gecko diets. All fruit based with protein added. Mango, banana, etc.
I think I’ve heard of people feeding that actually. Today I offered cucumbers to my Pedes. No one has eaten any yet, but it’s only been 20 mins as of now.

Euscorpius

Arachnopeon
S. dehaani vs canteloupe!

Today I upgraded his enclosure and I gave him apple while he was in the bathtub... too bad I didn't record it.

StampFan

Arachnodemon
I tried something I asked about in a different thread - Repashy. Filled 3 little gatorade cups with Repashy Grubs n Fruit. Within 24 hours had my 2 dehaani and one Alipes happily munching away, 2 of them immediately.

I also did a deep google search - - in some of the initial product information for Repashy Grub Pie they suggesed it may become a full meal replacement for invertebrates like centipedes and scorpions the same way Repashy has a full line of crested gecko diet. I wouldn't feed it full time, but based on this reaction wouldn't hesitate to put in a little bowl every couple of weeks. Will try one of the crested gecko diets with black soldier fly larvae next time.

REEFSPIDER

Arachnobaron
My gigantea went straight to eating banana, both polymorpha were not interested at all. Today i will be offering organic brown pear.

Reesedra

Arachnopeon
My scutigera coleoptrata, named Feather, has been snubbing all the prey I've tried to give him lately. I left a single piece of captain crunch (a sugary cereal) in as a last meal for feeders. Caught him a few weeks ago munching the cereal. I've left him a tiny slice of pear tonight but I won't know if hes eaten it or not as hes so very small, and very elusive and shy. I caught him wild in a department store if it matters.

Attachments