What fruit do you all feed to your centipedes

NYAN

Arachnoking
My heros came out and it was hungry, the way I know is it tried to eat my finger. Guess it didn’t want the apple though because it went back into its burrow. However one of my polymorpha ate some apple.

Lithobius

Arachnosquire
... I thought this thread was a joke but now I want to try giving my little girl an apple.

Dennis Nedry

Arachnodemon
... I thought this thread was a joke but now I want to try giving my little girl an apple.
Yup, mine love their grapes. One of my green rubripes actually dragged the grape under its hide and it started to go a little bit mouldy, the other is still a pedeling and it entirely ignores grapes.
Old crappy pic of my tiger rubripes with a grape:
image.jpeg

Lithobius

Arachnosquire
Ok I just got home with an apple, time to slice it up and see who likes it. I think grapes will be the next attempt.

dragonfire1577

Arachnodemon
I've tried a few with my gigantea, polymorpha and heros but only the heros ate a little banana

Lithobius

Arachnosquire
Of the 3 polymorpha, the medium one seemed to like it, the little one curled up next to it really close, not sure if he nibbled it or not and the big didn't seem to care but it looks like it might have been chewed on this morning.

Grapes next :)

NYAN

Arachnoking
Well, last night my arizonensis tried to eat my finger again. To reward good behavior, I gave it a slice of apple. I walk out of the room and the Apple has disappeared. Today there is no sign of it, so most either the centipede container is haunted or it moved it into its burrow to eat hopefully.

the league of shadows

Arachnopeon
Better this way, because when she's out, she acts like a 'Carlito's Way' Mafioso, and I have to provide, only for calm her, a couple of fatty B.dubia :)

Once I was sleeping and she managed to woke me up with that sound... the sound of her head pushing the top for exit.
I felt like Henry Charrière in 'Papillon' (the book) when he received a 'shower' of 'pedes crawling out of those humid walls :angelic:
A "shower of pedes"?omg wow thats crazy.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
A "shower of pedes"?omg wow thats crazy.
Yes. He was a prisoner in French Guyana, Caienna prison. Once he was sleeping (I mean, the way someone can sleep, in such a place, lol) and he heard a sorta dull sound, then becoming more stronger and, finally, huge 'pedes (they were the big South American ones) on him, straight from those humid as hell, old walls :cigar:

NukaMedia Exotics

#1 Tarantula Vendor in the USA! Ships Nationwide.
Interesting thread, I don't know much about centipedes and I'd assumed they only ate meat for some reason. I'm going to try to pick up an S. polymorpha at a reptile expo next month so I'll have to try this if I do.

NYAN

Arachnoking
Interesting thread, I don't know much about centipedes and I'd assumed they only ate meat for some reason. I'm going to try to pick up an S. polymorpha at a reptile expo next month so I'll have to try this if I do.
In California you can find them for free.

the league of shadows

Arachnopeon
Yes. He was a prisoner in French Guyana, Caienna prison. Once he was sleeping (I mean, the way someone can sleep, in such a place, lol) and he heard a sorta dull sound, then becoming more stronger and, finally, huge 'pedes (they were the big South American ones) on him, straight from those humid as hell, old walls :cigar:
Jesus...i can visualize all of this thats a nightmare for me only because there are no jars to catch them all

NukaMedia Exotics

In California you can find them for free.
Well then they should be cheap at the expo because I'm not sure at all where I'd find one where I'm at. Not sure if I've even seen one in the wild before.

NYAN

Arachnoking
Well then they should be cheap at the expo because I'm not sure at all where I'd find one where I'm at. Not sure if I've even seen one in the wild before.
If you call $20 cheap maybe. Where do you live roughly?

NukaMedia Exotics

According to the INaturalist app, polys are found everywhere south of Reno. They likely won't be found in forested or humid areas though, preferring desert or dry grasses areas.
My area is considered a desert. Just need to find out exactly what areas they live in I guess.

JDS123

Arachnosquire
Never tried, crazy, wonder if specific ones are more likely to eat fruits from native habitats