What flavor cat owns you?

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Just got to wondering who else out there is victimized and by what.

We have three.
A pre pubescent flying ace. Think two year old toddler with a claw hammer and a box cutter.
An industry standard neurotic: "What?? Me? No way! I'm outta here!
And a beached whale.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
We have one...she's a lazy princess by day and night, but a teleporting minx at dusk and dawn, flying all over the place with an arched back and puffed up tail :rofl:

The Snark

Old Timer
and puffed up tail
I wish someone would explain that tail thing. Like, for no apparent reason you see this big red warning flag, if that is what it's about. I get to thinking, WTF?? Did I do something? Are my ankles in deadly jeopardy?
(I'm thinking horse here which I'm more familiar with. Ears flat back, whites of it's eyes... deep doo doo coming down.)

gypsy cola

Arachnoknight
My cat is prissy....I have no clue how she became so prissy. She will only sit on things that are clean. She won't sit on the counter but, it you put a pretty pillow she will.

My girlfriends cat....he's a momma's boy. He literally says "mom" when he meows. It's her second shadow....so needy.

These cats are brother and sister. Same litter.

I hate cats so much... Ugh I can't wait to go home... I miss them.

The Snark

Old Timer
I'm going to keep track of these personality archetypes. Demon Princess (Bipolar?). Neatness fanatic (Obsessive compulsive?)
She will only sit on things that are clean. She won't sit on the counter but, it you put a pretty pillow she will.
Met a cat like that once. Owner extolled how neat and fussy she was. It was a great delight to me to point out to the owner that her cat (who refused to even sit down when outside) was playing with a dog turd.

Thistles

Arachnobroad
Old Timer
Uploading pics from my phone, then I'll edit on the computer. :mooning:

Pointy Cat: Silas
IMG_1653.JPG IMG_0659.JPG IMG_0558.JPG IMG_1193.JPG
My only boy. He's half the man he used to be! He looooves food, and used to weigh 24 lbs. He's down to 11, and now he's a lean, mean, wolfie cat. Nah, he's not mean. He's just a rambunctious and ALL BOY. It's so funny to watch his shoulder angel make an effort only to lose to the shoulder devil almost every time. He'll get his crazy expression, look at whatever is annoying him, then bite either the carpet or Aoife instead of the offending [person][bug][inanimate object]. He's my favorite. This is the cat that almost bankrupted me when he had to have PU surgery. Worth it.

Invisible Cat: Jane Doe
IMG_0504.JPG
No one gets to see or pet this cat but me, and even that takes some effort during the day. She just appears when I get into bed, snuggles into my arms and is the most affectionate thing imaginable. At any other time, she's cringing, cowering, hiding, skulking... she's the consummate scaredy-cat. To be fair to her, she was almost dead when my sister found her. Her past was really rough, so it makes sense for her to carry some baggage. That pic is of her sitting in a bunch of tarantula bedding I was trying to dry in front of a space heater. Cat muffin.

Fembot Cat: Aoife
IMG_2286.JPG IMG_0798.JPG
The most recent addition gets along great with my other two. She was abandoned when a family moved, and a neighbor turned her in to the shelter. When I first got her, I wondered how someone could surrender such a beautiful and affectionate cat. After a few days I concluded she must have broken something expensive. This cat is the world's only living brain donor. She's got some sort of vestibular problem, so her balance is ridiculous. She's about as sentient as a squash. Silas bites her when he gets frustrated and she totally doesn't care. She also LOVES bags. She's obsessed with them. I have to keep bags locked away or she'll climb into them, wear them as capes, lick them, and ultimately chew chunks off of them. I don't want her to commit suicide by plastic bag.

Introduce another cat to see a flip switch in this cat. She becomes a total terminatrix. She integrated with my other (then) three cats with no issue, but when I moved into a home with two other cats I got to see a new side of her. She smashes her stupid face into glass repeatedly to get at the other cats. She's had pots of water thrown on her, been hit with cookie sheets (not by me) and been grabbed mid-brawl and hasn't missed a stride. She's completely single-minded in her quest to kill. Oh, but she won't bite a person. You can grab her off her victim with no fear of her turning that aggression on you. It's bizarre. All of these interactions have been due to accidental/negligent introduction. She's like a murderous Hello Kitty or Barbie.

Anyway. I don't think there's such a thing as a "normal" cat. They're all weird in their own way.

Last edited:

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Boringo catus sp grey stripe form

Zuri is basically an obese cat that does pretty much nothing all day but sleep. And meow for food. I tried diets but with her annoying insistent meow -- I just feed her to shut her up these days. (She is on the less active overweight sedentary cat formula and still maintains her plumpness).
She just doesn't have any personality but is sweet enough. She enjoys ear scritches and belly rubs during her routine half-hour awake each day. But mostly, she just sleeps and eats. Vet ran some bloodwork on her recently, says nothing is wrong with her. She will lift her head if she sees a stray spider or random cricket run across floor, then decide "nah, too much effort" and immediately fall back asleep.
I don't have a single interesting story about Zuri. In my 40 years of cat keeping -- they all had their quirks and cute stories. Not Zuri.

zuri in bowl.jpg

Last edited:

Thistles

Arachnobroad
Old Timer
Silas can be Zuri's weight loss sponsor. If he could do it, so can she! He's got a lot more energy and gets into a lot more trouble now that he's down to a healthy weight. Is she an older girl? She sounds a bit like my mom's old lady cat. "Ohh bug... nah, bones ache. Better keep napping." If you're interested I'd be happy to help. If not, I'll buzz off.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Silas can be Zuri's weight loss sponsor. If he could do it, so can she! He's got a lot more energy and gets into a lot more trouble now that he's down to a healthy weight. Is she an older girl? She sounds a bit like my mom's old lady cat. "Ohh bug... nah, bones ache. Better keep napping." If you're interested I'd be happy to help. If not, I'll buzz off.
Hey -- you got an idea -- I am all ears!

Zuri is 10 now. I doubt she'll make it to the old ages my other cats have -- due to her weight. I got the weight off her once, but in the last 3 years she has ballooned back up -- 18 pounds. She's on the right food -- it's the quantity she is consuming -- she should be eating about 2/3 cup a day for weight loss (per package of Iams for her desired weight). She's easily eating twice that amount, possibly even more. But I cannot stand the incessant meowing. I'm a bad person, I refill the dish so she'll hush. And also, so she won't trip me. So basically, she's free fed. :( Other than maybe 10 minutes rolling in catnip weekly, she gets absolutely no exercise and doesn't want to play with any of her toys or chase a string. Even a loose cricket is just something to notice -- not to catch. She has no attention span at all unless it's food related. :(

Magenta

Arachnosquire
These are my boys, Mario and Wesley. Mario wants to sit on our shoulders all the time. Wesley wants to sit in my lap and sleep. They both fetch. Wesley will only fetch specific toys. Mario will bring you a toy to throw for him. My little cuddlebugs <3

Attachments

The Snark

Old Timer
Dumb move: start a thread like this on a forum that doesn't have a Cute rating. Or a Gooey Schmaltzy one.

Leila

Arachnobaron
My 7 yr old cat is the pompous jerk with a charming smile.

His question is always, "What can you do for me?"

Last edited:

Magenta

Arachnosquire

View attachment 240884 View attachment 240885 View attachment 240886 View attachment 240887
My only boy. He's half the man he used to be! He looooves food, and used to weigh 24 lbs. He's down to 11, and now he's a lean, mean, wolfie cat. Nah, he's not mean. He's just a rambunctious and ALL BOY. It's so funny to watch his shoulder angel make an effort only to lose to the shoulder devil almost every time. He'll get his crazy expression, look at whatever is annoying him, then bite either the carpet or Aoife instead of the offending [person][bug][inanimate object]. He's my favorite. This is the cat that almost bankrupted me when he had to have PU surgery. Worth it.

View attachment 240889
No one gets to see or pet this cat but me, and even that takes some effort during the day. She just appears when I get into bed, snuggles into my arms and is the most affectionate thing imaginable. At any other time, she's cringing, cowering, hiding, skulking... she's the consummate scaredy-cat. To be fair to her, she was almost dead when my sister found her. Her past was really rough, so it makes sense for her to carry some baggage. That pic is of her sitting in a bunch of tarantula bedding I was trying to dry in front of a space heater. Cat muffin.

View attachment 240881 View attachment 240882
The most recent addition gets along great with my other two. She was abandoned when a family moved, and a neighbor turned her in to the shelter. When I first got her, I wondered how someone could surrender such a beautiful and affectionate cat. After a few days I concluded she must have broken something expensive. This cat is the world's only living brain donor. She's got some sort of vestibular problem, so her balance is ridiculous. She's about as sentient as a squash. Silas bites her when he gets frustrated and she totally doesn't care. She also LOVES bags. She's obsessed with them. I have to keep bags locked away or she'll climb into them, wear them as capes, lick them, and ultimately chew chunks off of them. I don't want her to commit suicide by plastic bag.

Introduce another cat to see a flip switch in this cat. She becomes a total terminatrix. She integrated with my other (then) three cats with no issue, but when I moved into a home with two other cats I got to see a new side of her. She smashes her stupid face into glass repeatedly to get at the other cats. She's had pots of water thrown on her, been hit with cookie sheets (not by me) and been grabbed mid-brawl and hasn't missed a stride. She's completely single-minded in her quest to kill. Oh, but she won't bite a person. You can grab her off her victim with no fear of her turning that aggression on you. It's bizarre. All of these interactions have been due to accidental/negligent introduction. She's like a murderous Hello Kitty or Barbie.

Anyway. I don't think there's such a thing as a "normal" cat. They're all weird in their own way.

Cat sits in bowl/box/what have you with fat/fluff overflowing.. We call that a 'fluffintop':D

Adorable kitties! <3

spotropaicsav

Arachnobaron
Long hair Bianca who I can't find a pic of at the moment-Thinks she's the great beauty of the bunch,but isn't, and no ones looking at the tail swish. Not that bright, capable of adorable 'babyface'. One of those cats that can never decide "in or out", then seems to regret any decision she ever makes on the subject.

Black cat Betelgeuse-Our too clever for her own good cat, with opposable thumbs apparently. Loves to eat, can be surprisingly sensitive, talks too much sometimes. I'm convinced she's always up to some secret cat project in the garage.... usually she is and I discover the fallout later. IMG_0060.JPG Tabby Gizmo -This is our overprotective loving grandpa type cat, always wants to make sure everyone is ok, and keeps the peace. He's unique among cats in that way imo,but maybe not. 51721450266__65C634C6-790D-411D-AFB8-6B17DEA4BFF4.JPG

spotropaicsav

Arachnobaron

View attachment 240884 View attachment 240885 View attachment 240886 View attachment 240887

View attachment 240889

View attachment 240881 View attachment 240882

Your boy is very handsome!