What does everyone feed their slings?

TJ2000

Arachnopeon
I tend to feed mine bean weevils, and sometimes a half small cricket, although one of my slings seem to frightened of the bean weevil and runs away lol

Nephila Edulis

Arachnoknight
I tend to feed mine bean weevils, and sometimes a half small cricket, although one of my slings seem to frightened of the bean weevil and runs away lol
I feed my Tarantula slings wood roaches and crickets with the odd piece of superworm if the adults won't eat it. The newly hatched slings seem to love the legs of crickets and roaches

TJ2000

Arachnopeon
I feed my Tarantula slings wood roaches and crickets with the odd piece of superworm if the adults won't eat it. The newly hatched slings seem to love the legs of crickets and roaches
That's cool never thought about just using the cricket legs

TJ2000

Arachnopeon
Tiny mealworms if they will take live prey. Otherwise, pieces of mealworms or cricket drumsticks (if I have crickets).
I did have a whole bunch of small mealworms, but they are all big mealworms now lol, I waiting for the beetle stage now, trying to breed my own worms , least I know where they have come from then

Nephila Edulis

Arachnoknight
I did have a whole bunch of small mealworms, but they are all big mealworms now lol, I waiting for the beetle stage now, trying to breed my own worms , least I know where they have come from then
Always better to breed your own (except crickets, they're a complete pain), hope they all get to the beetle stage!

TJ2000

Arachnopeon
Always better to breed your own (except crickets, they're a complete pain), hope they all get to the beetle stage!
I hope so too, I got a Dubia colony on the go, but I love them guys , heart breaking sometimes using them as feeders lol to soft hearted

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
Red runners, crickets, adult dubia, and horn Worms

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
Yea i give my Ts dead food if the food is much bigger than they are especially if I don't have their prey size available at the time

TJ2000

Arachnopeon
Yea i give my Ts dead food if the food is much bigger than they are especially if I don't have their prey size available at the time
Lol ok that makes more sense lol I was imagining my sling walking up to a adult dubia and being like "hey bro, you got a problem" lol

ThisMeansWAR

Arachnosquire
I was recommended Bean weevils but that don't seem keen to be honest
I've never seen those before but I have heard that T's aren't too keen on beetles in general so that could explain it. For instance, mealworms are no longer interesting when they become mealworm beetles. Try leaving half a mealworm in the sling cup overnight, chances are that they will chow down!

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
I was recommended Bean weevils but that don't seem keen to be honest
Bean weevils are a pain in the back side, they climb the sides of the enclosures and just sit there, I was recommended them as well, now I'm just using dubia nymphs for my slings, dubias all the way for all my T's, a colony is great as you have a choice of sizes for individual spiders, slings, juveniles and adults.

Nephila Edulis

Arachnoknight
I've never seen those before but I have heard that T's aren't too keen on beetles in general so that could explain it. For instance, mealworms are no longer interesting when they become mealworm beetles. Try leaving half a mealworm in the sling cup overnight, chances are that they will chow down!
Really? My whistling spider I had a few years ago was very quick to sink her fangs into the beetle

spotropaicsav

Arachnobaron
Have you tried letting your slings nibble on the fingers of small children:p

kooky

Arachnosquire
I have superworms atm while i wait for my dubia colony to grow. I just give each sling a segment of the worm and they eat where to goop is coming out so to speak.