What do you think about this Avicularia sp. ?

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Starting to look like purpurea. Sling colors looked right on, looks like it's getting its adult colors.

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
If you can find a copy of this(used to be free at the BTS site), it should give the characters necessary to make a determination:

Kirk, P. 1990. Avicularia purpurea, a new species of theraphosid spider from Ecuador. Journal of the British Tarantula Society, 6 (1): 15–19.

It very well could be purpurea but relying solely on color, esp. for Avicularia, is troublesome.

synyster

Arachnobaron
I stand corrected, it is definately not A.laeta

It is starting to look like A. purpurea, but makes me think, could it be another cross breed? Lately, it's become very hard with the whole genus, and it seem's that alot of people are likely breeding any Avicularia species together...

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Just thought I would resurrect this thread with a link from another site which may be of interest to the OP, as mentioned there is a different colour variant of Avicularia purpurea (Avicularia cf. purpurea), I came across this thread this afternoon and the male looks very much like the Avicularia in this thread. The male Avicularia cf. purpurea seem to be sexually dimorphic from the females. Therefore, even though trying to ID many species of Avicularia via photograph is a flawed practice IMO, I still believe the OP's tarantula to be Avicularia cf. purpurea.

Clicky