What do you think about my C. Versicolor setup?

Gabe Ma

Arachnosquire
Hi everyone!
just wanted to get some feedback on my C. Versicolor setup.
I have pasted a picture for the viewers review.
He has made his cork bark tube his main hide and seems to have webbed outside and used the plants as anchor points.
The lease give feedback if you feel is needed.

The tarantula is 3 niches and is housed in an exo terra nano tall (8x8x12)
Substrate: dry cocofiber/reptisoil
Full water dish.
so far no spraying cage because people have told me not too.
I plan for this to be his forever home.

Thanks 🙏

Attachments

Gabe Ma

Arachnosquire
Smaller! Never would have thought. Thanks for the feedback. How about the other parts? Or just the enclosure size?

cold blood

Staff member
Sure you could go smaller, but what you have is perfectly fine. Everything looks good.

Gabe Ma

Arachnosquire
Alrighty thank you guys.

How about misting? Or just keep water dish full?

Thekla

Arachnoprince
No misting!!! You could drop some water on its webbing or on the glass every now and then but my C. versicolor has no problems finding her water dish (to discard her boluses :rolleyes: ).

And if you haven't done already I would recommend replacing the mesh with an acrylic sheet with loads of drilled holes in it. Just to be on the safe side. :)

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
WHat Thekla said...and for a 3" that's a bit big. Just make sure she finds her food by placing it somewhere in her webbing (not into her hideout tunnel!) as long as she's on the smaller end of size.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
It's fine, not sure why people are saying it's too big, I usually house Aviculariinae into enclosures that size at around 3" or so and I've not had an issue with it.

How about misting? Or just keep water dish full?
Don't bother misting.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Smaller! Never would have thought. Thanks for the feedback. How about the other parts? Or just the enclosure size?
The setup itself looks good!

Misting kills Avics due to moist/stuffy cages with poor ventilation. It can happenpretty quickly.

However water dish is not enough for drinking, you will need to add water dropwise to webbing etc to keep hydrated most likely. Watch abdomen size for hydration levels

basin79

ArachnoGod
When I got my lass back in Jan 2017 I set her up in a nano tall. Not sure of her size but she was still quite small. If you look at the first pic I did cover the mesh with some perspex.

Here she is on the day she arrived.
AEC3611F-CA5A-412A-8944-014A142C5A20.jpeg

She actually would drink out of her water dish. This was after a moult in June 2017
AF938CED-2F4C-43CE-AD24-E0B8E766C797.jpeg

She's since completely webbed up the top of her enclosure. She has a tunnel going straight into the hole in her hide. And holes to get to her water. This pic I took on Friday.
B7021A5E-9C0B-4963-AEE8-E8E767264FCB.jpeg

Last edited: