What do you keep your Avic slings in?

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So I have 2 versicolor slings atm, and I pondered what I should keep them in. I ended up putting them in small glass spice jars with Spaghnum moss at the bottom and a bunch of holes in the lid. I keep seeing them hanging out on the lids of their enclosures so I am wondering if there is enough ventilation. Would anyone like to share pics of their enclosures for their avic slings?

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I keep mine in the fridge.

Kidding.

I keep mine in either small vials, or acrylic cubes from Michael's.

Vials have holes in the lids, cubes have holes drilled through the tops.

I've tried the whole cross-ventilation thing too and haven't noticed much difference, but that's only in my own experience.

Rue

Arachnoknight
I melted two sets of holes in those acrylic cubes from Michaels that I purchased...two near the bottom (across from each other) and two near the top...none in the lid...

Hope it works...don't want Michaels to run out of cubes...:rolleyes:

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i have 3 and i keep them in 2lb. deli cups, wich i cut a big cicle in the lid, then hot glued some pantyhose over it...or small mesh screening..

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
heck yeah...thats how i got 1 of my wolf spiders, my avics, 1 of my p. cambridgei, and my ginormous male D. diadema...although hes in a big pretzel container..haha

Roflmao! Ghetto works sometimes!

Embers To Ashes

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
heck yeah...thats how i got 1 of my wolf spiders, my avics, 1 of my p. cambridgei, and my ginormous male D. diadema...although hes in a big pretzel container..haha
Thats exactaly what im keeping my crickets in exept it is a cat nip toy container. And my coworkers at the LPS where going to throw it away HA! I cut one HUMUNGUS hole from the side and an even more HUMUNGUS hole in the lid. Pantyhose, you may forever be my freind. You keep my Ts fed and my legs from looking so pale...