What do you house your "giant" tarantulas in?

Vulash

Arachnosquire
I mentioned this in another post but wanted to have a separate discussion here. I see more discussion on smaller enclosures, and fewer on the very large enclosures for 9"+ tarantulas. For me, I'm specifically curious for displaying them, but I don't want to restrict this thread to that. I'm lacking faith in acrylic for 24"+ enclosures (and starting to not like it altogether). That leaves glass or large plastic opaque containers that I'm aware of. Are there other options out there? Do you guys modify large glass enclosures? Anything crazy?

I've even been toying with the idea of making one out of wood and having glass on the front and sides for viewing. Ventilation on the back and top. Even if I use a rot resistant wood and a good seal (probably paint) it would eventually have issues. I guess you could paste silicone in the bottom and sides to the height of the substrate, but that would be expensive and messy.

I'd love to discuss this, but feel free to just use the thread as a place to post pictures of your cool big enclosures.

Pmurinushmacla

Arachnobaron
Aquariums come in lots of different shapes and sizes, I usually use those. Ventilation is not optimal for moisture dependent species.

Cmac2111

Arachnomac
Arachnosupporter
Sad to say but I keep my 'giant' T's mostly in big plastic tubs for convenience (term giant might be a bit generous as I'm mostly referring to my pampho's, phormics and lasiodora, not the true giants from theraphosa). Simple set up with all the essentials (hides, water dish plenty of sub) and mild furnishing because many just destroy any elaborate decor I try to use. That's why I personally experiment much more with smaller T enclosures as I find that spiders like N incei and D diamantinensis tend to make use of some cooler structures for webbing, whilst the big boys just tend to throw their weight around and rip things up. I do keep some in Exo terra small lows (45x45x30cm) with modified acrylic lids, but there's no way I'm buying many more of those with the price they come at... the ones I got were second hand.