What do you guys think?

Aschamne

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I am plannig on getting a T, the room that it will occupy is 70 degrees with 60% humidity. I would really like to get an avic. versicoler, but if the temp is too cool then I will probably get a mexican red knee.

Thanks in advance,

Art

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I also keep a T room and you can buy a nice heater with temp control for the winter. My room is kept at 78-81 during the spring and summer, and in the winter I allow a natural cool down but my room is still at 72-76.
This room is home to many adult Smithi and about 14 avics. They seem to be thriving.

Tuotatis

Arachnopeon
Hi!

I kept my versi on 18-20 'C (about 70 'F), and there wasnt' any problem. Don't worry, your versi won't die.

Thoth

Arachnopharoah
Old Timer
Humidity is a bigger issue with A.versicolor, needing the combination of high humidity and high ventilation. Not the best sling to get if you are inexperienced, as they get larger they become a bit hardier. Your room humidity is fine for most ts and in any case I would control the humidity in the enclosure as opposed to the room (easier and cheaper, unless you plan on building a specialized enviromentally controlled room).

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yeah, in my experience 70F is fine for any T. Nice choice of T btw. Just make sure ventilation and humidity are high for this species. Ventilation being the more important of the two.

Aschamne

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks for the responses. I was most concerned with the temp. since maintaining a higher humidity while trying to keep good ventilation and raise the temp. is a constent headache. Where frequent mist(2-3 times a week) should allow me to get the humidity up to the mid to upper 70s while still maintaining good ventilation. Also on a side note do you guys think that the Exo Terra pt-2600 has enough ventilation for the A. Versicolor? If not, what do you suggest?

Thanks for any info,

Art

P.S.
Here is a link to exo terra
http://www.exo-terra.com/en/products/glass_terrarium.php

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thanks for the responses. I was most concerned with the temp. since maintaining a higher humidity while trying to keep good ventilation and raise the temp. is a constent headache. Where frequent mist(2-3 times a week) should allow me to get the humidity up to the mid to upper 70s while still maintaining good ventilation. Also on a side note do you guys think that the Exo Terra pt-2600 has enough ventilation for the A. Versicolor? If not, what do you suggest?

Thanks for any info,

Art

P.S.
since it has a screen top, that will be more than enough ventilation. monitor the humidity closely. for my A.Avic, i generally will only mist maybe 2x a week, but I put a folded towel over most of the screen top and that will keep the humidity in check for a while.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer

Thanks for any info,

Art

P.S.

I would soak the substrate instead of misting. It will keep the humidity up longer then misting would. Just mist twice a week for the T to get some drink(arboreal Ts prefer drinking of the sides rather then from waterdishes).

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
having a water dish will help keep humidity up though, for some reason my avic always like to drop poop in his water bowl tho:rolleyes:

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yeah even though they would rarely use it, still get a waterdish like JungleGuts suggested to keep humidity up. It's also a back up in case you forget to mist.