What do you guys think about the Brave Wilderness S. Heros bite?

Luka98

Arachnosquire
I have no experience with centipedes but Brave Wilderness recently released a bite report which he said was the worse one yet. Is it really that bad or is he putting on a show? He literally starts crying at one point

Last edited:

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
That guy's such a wanker. I can't stand his videos and the sensationalist BS it espouses, along with incorrect IDs. I admit I don't have much experience with centipede venom, but I'm going to assume he hammed it up for more views.

Last edited:

Ebayzo

Arachnopeon
Can't stand the suspense and repeating scenes of this guy. Watched a few of him but became very boring quick.

RTTB

Arachnoprince
The dudes an idiot. A lot of risk taking sensationalism and poor safety practice. The episode with the funnel web spider had me rooting for him to get bit as he was tempting fate by putting his fingers so damn close.

NYAN

Arachnoking
He released another centipede video? I’ve been bitten by this species like a dozen times, including an 8 inch adult. He’s all hype and exaggeration.

In the video he immediately started screaming, but the venom takes time to build up. He also used a stupid venom extractor which has been proven to not work.

As @Staehilomyces says, his followers are all children it seems reading the comments.

Luka98

Arachnosquire
He released another centipede video? I’ve been bitten by this species like a dozen times, including an 8 inch adult. He’s all hype and exaggeration.

In the video he immediately started screaming, but the venom takes time to build up. He also used a stupid venom extractor which has been proven to not work.

As @Staehilomyces says, his followers are all children it seems reading the comments.
Thanks for the info, it looked super fake i just wanted to check with you guys. I bet it's unpleasant but he acted like his arm is melting not even 2 seconds after the bite.

StampFan

Arachnodemon
Thanks for the info, it looked super fake i just wanted to check with you guys. I bet it's unpleasant but he acted like his arm is melting not even 2 seconds after the bite.
I agree with the earlier post, I feel like he just did a video like this a few months ago with the same species. Not sure why he does the same thing again and again.....

NYAN

Arachnoking
I agree with the earlier post, I feel like he just did a video like this a few months ago with the same species. Not sure why he does the same thing again and again.....
It’s not even the same bite as before. He tend still to reupload his bites since they are so popular.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
I always found his channel very interesting. Morbid curiousity I suppose..

But yeah, his invert videos are pretty crap as a whole.

It makes total sense monetarily if he were to hype the crap out of his sting videos. People are already scared of many of them, fuelling that fire coincides with what people think of these animals in the first place. He's just feeding them what they want. And they love it lol.

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
There are plenty of pedes that have much worse bites comparatively, the Asian giants especially.

REEFSPIDER

Arachnobaron
Everytime i suffer through a vid i get the overwhelming sense that he is Pouring on the dramatically enhanced reactions with a WIDE MOUTH Barrel. Lol. Seriously this guy deserves a SAG award..

Teds ts and Inverts

Arachnobaron
Don’t pay attention to this dude, he’s an idiot. He says that he wants to educate people so they can have a newfound respect for the animals, but his constant fear-mongering do the exact opposite. People that were already fearful of these creatures are now more likely to go out of their way to kill them, just because of his videos. Such a shame..... :(

REEFSPIDER

Arachnobaron
Don’t pay attention to this dude, he’s an idiot. He says that he wants to educate people so they can have a newfound respect for the animals, but his constant fear-mongering do the exact opposite. People that were already fearful of these creatures are now more likely to go out of their way to kill them, just because of his videos. Such a shame..... :(
Well said

dragonfire1577

Arachnodemon
I do think he is quite a bit over dramatic although heros can get nasty and he did have to seek medical treatment so he was at least still in a fair amount of pain. A keeper I trust to give an honest report told me the heros bite they took was actually worse than the bite of a malayan pit viper they had also taken previously, so I wouldn't underestimate the effects of a bad reaction even if you've taken a bite that wasn't so bad.

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
Most of his IDs are off and lots of them are overdramatized. In one episode when he gets bitten by a stag beetle, it’s not even a stag beetle. It’s actually a species of longhorn, callipogon sp maybe?

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
This guy is a ham, but from what little I've read heros venom affects different people differently. Some people have little reaction, others have extreme pain.

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
Yeah, heros certainly are no joke, but he's certainly exaggerating.

Makes me wonder if stuff like bullet ants and pepsis wasps are really that bad.

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
If you want proof of how painful a pepsis wasp or bullet ant sting are, search it up on the Schmidt pain index. A man names Justin Schmidt went around getting stung by various hymenopterans to record the pain.

myrmecophile

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Although Justin's descriptions are a bit flowery, you can definitely trust his conclusions.