what do you finde most interesting about tarantulas??

ornata

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hello

since I am new one this forum, I just want to hear what some of you like most about tarantulas,what do you finde most facinating!?

Personally,their natural history/behaviour, and WHY things are like they are?

Example, why are most species within the subfamily selenocosmiinae more venomus then most other tarantula species?

Is It just "accidentaly" or is there some evolutionary reason(s)(bigger pray ex.)

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I find a lot about them interesting. I'm interested in watching them hunt for food, web, rearrange their substrate, moult, just about anything they do I find interesting.

Masurai

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Except for when they are in pet rock mode i find everything they do interesting. But the top of the list has to be the speed at which they hit prey. The first time i fed my G. rosea i dropped in a cricket and i swear it barely touched the ground before she had speared it.

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
I like them enough to go into the field of invertebrate taxonomy in college.:p

-Sean

dianedfisher

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Observe and nuture

I'm just fond of nuturing and watching the results. T's are very easy to nurture, have widely conflicting habits, personalities and temperaments and don't require complicated and time-consuming care. I don't even "handle" mine. Just use tweezers to remove food bolus' and water dishes. I use an adjustable spray bottle to mist some and adjust the tip to a stream to fill larger water bowls. I love to watch my P. regalis and my little P. murinis trio are a blast when they come out to play. Di

ornata

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
invertebrate taxonomy,hmm...interesting, good choice:)

I gone start mye biologi study this autum, and will probably take a master in evolution and taxonomy(if I get so far)

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i think out of everything i like watching them molt the most. but i just enjoy watching them web, tunnel, eat. just whatever.

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i think they are just fascinating creatures with subtle personalities. plus, just the fact i have a mean, colorful eating machine with huge fangs is always a plus for the ladies. however, i could never go into studying them as a profession since the pay is probably terrible and i just wanna keep it a hobby.

monitormonster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I like T's because they are so unlike every other animal I have had.....They may not be cuddly like my dog or like to explore like my Savannah Monitor did, but they are so neat to watch during everyday stuff.

I love watching them play construction worker and rearrange their cages, obviously watching them eat....I even like the threat displays

ZooRex

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I really like their natural history, spiders in general have gone unchanged since before the dinosaurs, they are truly one of evolutions masterpieces. Cause of this they'll defiantly be around long after we humans annihilate ourselves.

Other great things about T’s are their behavior, size and most importantly their color. There's nothing like seeing an adult GBB, it's truly a mind-blowing experience. ~ Rex

lunixweb

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
interesting?? everything, the T's are a great pets, easier to take care than a dog or something else, their movements, personality, behavior, history and all ;P

ornata

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I really like their natural history, spiders in general have gone unchanged since before the dinosaurs, they are truly one of evolutions masterpieces. Cause of this they'll defiantly be around long after we humans annihilate ourselves.

Other great things about T’s are their behavior, size and most importantly their color. There's nothing like seeing an adult GBB, it's truly a mind-blowing experience. ~ Rex
I absolutely agree, kingrex, thats why I also finde them so interesting!!!:)

Transylvania

Gondorian
Old Timer
I love watching them bulldoze and web up their enclosures, and I especially love looking at the different sizes and colors of different species. And, of course I can't leave out the " :B " face! :D

Slash

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yeah...appearance. I really think that they are the gems of the animal kingdom.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
hello

since I am new one this forum, I just want to hear what some of you like most about tarantulas,what do you finde most facinating!?

Personally,their natural history/behaviour, and WHY things are like they are?

Example, why are most species within the subfamily selenocosmiinae more venomus then most other tarantula species?

Is It just "accidentaly" or is there some evolutionary reason(s)(bigger pray ex.)
pray is to speak or request of someone of higher authority, or to God, prey is somethign you hunt to eat.
just for future referance. English is a tough language i hear.

I dont know what i think is the most interesting thing about them. I like that they are so similar in many ways but so differant in others. try to keep a G. rosea like a T. blondy and you have a climbing moving bug that should be a pet rock lol
i enjoy watching them hunt...if thats what it is and think they look awesome.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
refuse to choose. =P

hmmm where to begin. i don't know if any of these things are exclusive to tarantulas... and some of them not all tarantulas possess (yes yes, you are very smart, it is *that*)... but in no particular order

i love the slow metabolism in the brach/aphono/grammo types. i have G. rosea i am aiming to stretch to 50+ year lifespans :D

scopulae[/b]. walking on walls... hell yeah!

urticating setae. flinging a cloud of stinging hairs... potentially devestating to things my own size.... or 1000's of times as big!? SIGN ME UP!!

deferred reproduction. some humans should defer indefinitely hehehehe. while on the subject, multiple eggsacs from one mating. increased fecundity in females with multiple partners, and the sexual predation are all quite interesting (though i personally wouldn't chose one or more of those particular traits for myself)

tremble sense (slit sensilae, trichobothria). i'm a fan of pretty much any human ESP type of things. bat and other's echo location etc. tarantulas freaking KNOW what is walking around them, on their scale and in their range... down to weight and exact three dimensional location

venom. yeah... i'm a fan

claws. sure am trying to grow a set.

refractive skin covering. i wish i could refract irridescence.

pay no worship the garish sun. i respect a creature that can go all year without seeing the sun =P

i'll probably think of more reasons why they are the bees knees later. i want to post these before someone steals any of the good ones. hehehee.

peterspiderling

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I love that fact that they differ in colour so much, also that they hav personalitys like dogs do. :D