What do you do with your rosea slings?

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
If you have them, post an ad in FS/T, don't ask around here. You're essentially posting the ad here by asking what people would trade, and that's a no-no. :}

Vespula

Arachnodemon
Well someone said trade them on here so I asked. I wouldn't trade much for them either lol. Although the tamagotchi sounds good... J/k. So basically they aren't tradeable for anything really, so I guess they aren't really that sellable either. Well with all these rosea's, somebody is breeding them. So what is the best option to get rid of them?
Give them to your friends!:D

elportoed

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The G roseas are most people first T. They are the reason why some people started the hobby. They are built tough and rugged, almost indestructable. So they are good for beginners. My first was a rose hair. I actually bought her, and I still have her.

So... when I have too many, I'd give them away, either as part of the trade, or just because. I don't know how many of my friends' kids who came to my house and see my collection, expressed interest in keeping T. If the parents agreed, each kid would go home with G roseas. I think of them as a good educational tool with the umph.

Although they may become more desirable, since the export of them will be illegal, if it is not already. From what I understand, they aren't that easy to breed either. Most sacs came from wc specimens.

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
I would honestly take them off someone's hands, but I don't want to pay the shipping. That itself is too expensive.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If you have them, post an ad in FS/T, don't ask around here. You're essentially posting the ad here by asking what people would trade, and that's a no-no. :}

No I don't have them, I have just always wondered what people do with them. If I ever do breed mine, I do like the idea of giving them to schools and children.

thumpersalley

Roach Lovers Mom
Old Timer
I would be happy to take alot of them & donate them to the schools, libraries & colleges around here. I already do that with some I get in here that are duplicates or freebies anyway. PM with your info & I will send off some $ for S&H. Kim

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
And this is the reason my lil MM is sitting 6 ft. from my big gal, wondering Y he ain't gettin any :}

Although the popcorn thing got me thinkin;P

PIG-

Last edited:

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
And this is the reason my lil MM is sitting 6 ft. from my big gal, wondering he ain't gettin any :}

Although the popcorn thing got me thinkin;P

PIG-

A friend of mine wants me to try breed my boy and girl too. I simply told him two words... NO WAY! :D

Julia

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Aw geez.... You all are talking about trading dirt and gum for roseas, and I'm about to actually BUY one tomorrow. My first rosea since 1998. I'm justifying it by continuously telling myself that my $20 buys the adult female rosea, her sliding-lid 5.5 gal. tank, and all accessories inside. So, I'm not technically buying the rosea, right?

spiderworld

Arachnosquire
Aw geez.... You all are talking about trading dirt and gum for roseas, and I'm about to actually BUY one tomorrow. My first rosea since 1998. I'm justifying it by continuously telling myself that my $20 buys the adult female rosea, her sliding-lid 5.5 gal. tank, and all accessories inside. So, I'm not technically buying the rosea, right?
You beta buy it! its a great deal! pitty it couldnt come with a diff T inside! lol

Enjoy!

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Like so many hobbyists, my G rosea was one of my first T's and is one of my favorites BY FAR, but breeding her with no potential homes for her brood just doesn't make any sense.

That doesn't mean she ain't a bad lookin T or a second class citizen T, just means that I won't breed her.

My gal Scylla is BEAUTIFUL and she KNOWS it!!!

PIG-

Vespula

Arachnodemon
My rosea was my third tarantula, and less than a week later I had bought another! They've always been one of my fav species and one of the reasons I got into the hobby!

I said stick of gum only because I found an entire pack in my purse and thought I could get 12 new tarantulas for it. :D

I think people should calm down on their animosity towards them. Yeah, they're common in the hobby, but that is because they are loved by so many people!

Long live rosea!!!!

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
haha, i was in the hobby almost a year before i got my first rosea. shes kinda weird cuz her abdomen slightly twists and points to the left at all times. shes been like that for YEARS. i got her from my step bro when he realized that she wasnt worth his time and he started neglecting her. i asked him if i could take her and he practically threw her at me saying "yes please". i tried breeding her but no success. i am sitting on 30 right now from a WC mom who laid a sac, we had 150ish and we sold them at the pet store for $4 a piece. i took 30 of them to raise up so that way the store has some cute fuzz balls on hand when they need them. G. rosea slings are in my opinion a good thing to have a few dozen of becuz people will WANT them they just may not wanna PAY for them (trade bate lol) and if u can guarantee they are Captive Bred and raised then they are at least worth the consideration that they werent pulled from the wild and farmed to the point of extinction (not that thats happening but someday it may). just my 200ths of a dollar.