what do u feed ur roaches?

Spider-Man v2.0

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i was wondering, what exacly do many of u feed ur roaches, allso what gives beast resulsts for breeding.
i feed my hissers the comercal cricet food, but im trying something new for them i made my self
i made a mixture of cat food, oat mill, grits and some calceum powder all ground together.
right now all i have tried feeding my fusca is some criket feed and a apple slice.
im still experamenting with the fusca to see what thay like most. so far i havent noticed them eating much of any thing. but then agin all i have are 40 nymps.

Takumaku

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
As a staple, basic dog food and/or roach food (homemade) w/ carrots for water.

Now that is Spring time, they are getting treated with stuff from my garden (black seeded simpson lettuce, yellow tomatoes, mint, bean sprouts, herbs, etc.) in addition to their dog food.

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Dog food, cat food and fish flakes. Apples, and various friuts as i can get them.

I may even experiment with making my own roach produced coconut hides.

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Bran, carrot, raisins, banana, apple and peppers(capsicum, paprica, whatever you call it. 'Bell-fruits'?)

Aquanut

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I feed cat, dog, fish and chicken food dry. Also all types of produce except stinky vegetables such as onions, radishes, broccoli, cabbage etc. I've heard they aren't the best to feed but have never seen any hard facts.
PS, turn on spell check, I'm getting a headache:D

Bear Foot Inc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I use dry dog food and rabbit pellets. I put them in an old blender and blend it into a powder. The seem to love that and they eat it much faster then just dog food or rabbit pellets. They drink water jell and i split an apple between all my roach bins once or twice a week.

Taceas

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Chicken layer crumbles, crushed Nutro cat food, fish flakes, some Carnivorous Orchid roach food, and apples for moisture.

Ditto to the spellcheck thing. :rolleyes:

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I fed my Nauphoeta cinerea dry dog food, whole-grain breads, and chopped fruits and veggies.