What do Leiurus quinquestriatus generally sell for?

Goodlukwitthat

Arachnoknight
There was a guy selling a breeding pair for $400 and personally, I thought that was rather overpriced. What's a fair price on a breeding pair?

Goodlukwitthat

Arachnoknight
$400!?!?!? Better be
leiurus jordanensis
Nope they were most definitely Leiurus quinquestriatus. He was rather "confident" (I'd call it arrogant) that if anyone foundany cheaper he would buy them and send the guy who found them money and that these were so hard to find since last year and that with abreeding pair that price the buyer could make his/her money back easily from each future brood. :rolleyes:

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Oh but or course once the babies are here but man a $400 risk in a breeding pair to be shipped etc.... I would want and need some Extra extra LAG reassurance i cam see $300 that last 100 he is just trying to squeeze every penny out and sit on it

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I would honestly never spend that kind of money on any scorpion. I would say at the very most, $200 for the breeding pair. And that is if there is absolutely no one selling any babies.

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
I know they're uncommon but i wouldn't consider that sp. "Rare" to he his asking price. Like I said if it's the black top I can see someone forking out the cash because you will 26363738343x your money on brood by the rarity you could charge a lot but yea again 400 is outrageous

Goodlukwitthat

Arachnoknight
Thanks guys. I kinda figured the guy was greedy and just wanted other peoples' thoughts/opinions on the matter. I agree with Brandon, I'd never fork over that much money on scorpions...too many other responsibilities to spend on an animal that may or may not even live/be a breeding set.

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
I saw his post lol people are going in on him for that price and he still stands confident in it

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Last year I had trouble moving second instars at $15 each

goes to show how far some people take "supply and demand". Most of these types are flippers who just wanna make a quick buck. They usually dont stick around the scorpion hobby for long since there isn't a ton of money to be made and the demand is low.

also OP, I know you asked me on facebook about this already. I didnt have kind words there either for the individual. I had issues with a similar individual and villosus pairs two years ago myself.

At the end of the day, if he sells them for 400, good for him. He made a quick buck.

edit: btw, ive got eight subadults. I'll let them all go for 1600$ guyz

Last edited:

RTTB

Arachnoprince
$400 for a pair is beyond retarded. Maybe $200 with LAG and a freebie or 2. I hope no fool buys them at his asking price and cater to his greed.

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I got mine for around 20 USD...

Aside from leiurus jordanensis their not even worth that much.

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Is it 1 for $55? Because I believe that is a bit of a stretch. Although, there aren't many in the US right now. Hopefully my female drops a brood soon.

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Yea this person is selling them each at 55 . Wasn't too interested to begin with. But has Parabuthus schlecteri for $60 i might get

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Honestly, I probably wouldn't pay that. But if you really want them, they may be worth it to you. I generally like to get at least 5 so I can insure at least one pair. Those prices make it difficult to do so.

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Those prices are all a bit steep except for sexed mature adults.