What do I have here?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Compairing photos, it looks exactly like the pics posted by talkenlate04, right down to the reddish hairs on the edges of the cephelothorax (probably spelled that wrong). What species is that?
Well you would know best you can see the T in person,
Wait which picture I posted? Cause I posted two different species.

David Burns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ID'ing from pics is nigh impossible. ID'ing from pics by comparing to other pics.. pointless. Color variation between individual specimens is FAR too great.

My bet is on S. rubronitens, and it does not look like a brachy. But thats all one can say.

BTW: S. rubronitens were recently selling for like $100 adult female.

-Sean
Ye, yes, IDing from pics is stupid, we know that, but you gave a guess too. So it is all just in fun. :)

What was the source of these adult S.rubronitens? How many were they selling? Perhaps this sale was an abberation and not an indication of commonality.

I have a few L.parahybana juvies. So I am comparing the pic to live specimens and their have redish hairs ringing the carapace and edging the cephellothorax. the legs have the same coloration too. But color is a bad indicator or Genus/species.

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
Ye, yes, IDing from pics is stupid, we know that, but you gave a guess too. So it is all just in fun.
Yeah I know, I didn't mean to sound so blunt.

What was the source of these adult S.rubronitens? How many were they selling? Perhaps this sale was an abberation and not an indication of commonality.
Reptist has some right here.
I doubt he has many though. And I don't recall seeing many others anywhere else.

-Sean

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
The one in #14.
That is Sericoplema rubronitens I believe.

Reptist has some right here.
I doubt he has many though. And I don't recall seeing many others anywhere else.

-Sean
The first couple here: http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/search.php?searchid=786763

Yes I know there are repeats, I've also seen some offered somewhere else, trying to remember, but you get my point.

monkeywrench133

Arachnopeon
ID'ing from pics is nigh impossible. ID'ing from pics by comparing to other pics.. pointless. Color variation between individual specimens is FAR too great.
LOL! Yeah, It wasn't until I read this that I realized this is the exact kind of thread I roll my eyes at and avoid on the reptile forums I spend time on.

Had a fun one not long ago, a guy posted a picture of a corn snake (which he was very proud of), and asked whether it was a Boa constrictor constrictor or boa constrictor Imperator. He got very upset and refused to believe us when we told him it was a corn snake.

So, thank you all for your replies!! LOL!!

Last edited:

David Burns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
OK those 2 people together are/were selling a total of 3 specimens. ;)

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
OK those 2 people together are/were selling a total of 3 specimens. ;)
Brandon actually has a couple I'm pretty sure because I bought one not to long ago from him, but traded it just recently. They still aren't that hard to come by.

monkeywrench133

Arachnopeon
Sericopelma
Can someone give me the low-down on these guys?

I can't find anything about them. I'm going to assume they're terrestrial, but what temp/humidity do they need? Are they burrowers?

Or if you can direct me to a care sheet?

Thanks!

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Can someone give me the low-down on these guys?

I can't find anything about them. I'm going to assume they're terrestrial, but what temp/humidity do they need? Are they burrowers?

Or if you can direct me to a care sheet?

Thanks!
Sericopelma rubronitens

They actually tend to burrow. You can keep them in a terrestrial fashion if you provide a hide(flower pot, half-log, etc.). Don't worry about humidity, just keep a waterdish in there, and make sure its full. Overfill the waterdish every other week or so. As long as temps are around 70-80F they will be fine. Don't add heat lamps like you would reptiles, it can be killer. That should be about it. I'll be glad to answer anymore questions you have.