What do I feed the Crix?

Heather

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have decided to try to keep a small number of crickets to feed my T's... just so I don't have to run to the pet store every week.

What is the best food to feed them? Do they need that 'Gut Load' stuff or just 'regular' cricket food? Any brand suggestions?

I did a quick forum search but I came up with some many unrelated threads that I figured I would take my chances and someone would kindly answer :8o

Any help is really appreciated!

nepenthes

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The best thing to do is get Roaches instead, but if you must stick with crix, get Some of that water crystals, and feed them assorted vegetables, like leatus and carrots and things like that, and small amounts of dog food.

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Babies and kittens with the occasional midget on the side.

crashergs

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I would buy cricket food to appropriately gut load them with essential nutrients for your pets.

Dorcus

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Crickets are definitely not worth the hassle... i agree with Bear Foot Inc and nepenthes... roaches are much better...

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
the only reason to have crickets is for a variety in diet for your pets or if your roach colony isn't big enough to start feeding from yet.

But if you're gonna keep crickets just get any of the available cricket feed they sell at almost every pet store. just keep in mind that a crickets life span from pinhead to death is only a few weeks... something like 8 on the high side.