What did I start?

jennafuller

Arachnopeon
Today I told my boy friend about some T's I saw for sale, and since I live in his house I figured I'd run any new additions by him. He surprised me by saying, "We should get one of those big ones that eat mice and <edit>"

I'm not a big fan of the big spiders, I like a few species that I feel comfortable with...and any thing that can "eat mice and <edit>" isn't on my list of things to acquire. He then proceeded to tell me that we could just let it roam free like a small dog and we wouldn't have to worry about getting mice traps in the winter.

Needless to say I wasn't impressed with his idea, or his lack of research into the animals (that's what he has me for). I ended up telling him they have huge fangs and will kill small animals like his dog and small children. He no longer wants a loose giant spider.

Sometimes I feel like the only way to fight ignorance is with bigger ignorance.

Last edited by a moderator:

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
Sometimes I feel like the only way to fight ignorance is with bigger ignorance.
True statement...but you should go buy the biggest T you can find and let it go in the house without telling him. Then when he finds it and screams like a little girl and starts freaking out you can tell him you didn't think you needed to let him know you had done exactly what he said he wanted to do {D

jennafuller

Arachnopeon
I was just blown away because this is a guy who was terrified of my rosie (note to self: don't put a tarantula on a new dating prospect without first finding out if they are arachnophobic).

To put everyone's mind at ease, we will not be getting one of these. Obviously my lack of desire, and his lack of realism would make for a horrible combination.

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
Good to hear someone who is responsible enough to recognize a bad idea when they see one :)