What could this be?

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I will take a video in a bit but this is the situation. For a few weeks my B. boehmei has been acting a bit unresponsive, and not moving unless disturbed. When disturbed it just seemed to be made of stone and stays in the same position as if it were dead, then comes back to life a few seconds later moving. The leg movements are a little spastic resembling DKS. I put him in an ICU this morning, now two of his legs were just tucked under him (defintely not grooming). Anyways is this descriptive enough or do I need a video?

skippy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Kinda sounds like premolt to me. A pic or a vid would definitely be helpful though.

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Here is the video, and yes it is in premolt at the moment.

[YOUTUBE]Nx6wM-6uHbs[/YOUTUBE]

skippy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
no vid showed up, however if it's in premolt then the best thing you can do is give it a dish of water and leave it alone. if it's having problems only a molt will fix them so you might as well let it get on with it.

i know it's hard to resist the urge to do something but your T will, most likely, be fine without your help.

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Whether it's trying to molt, or something else in going on, put away & leave it alone.

Putting it in an ICU is the only thing you can really do & you've done it. Just let it do what it needs to do.

skippy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
never mind, it showed up for me now.

that doesn't look good at all. it actually looks like the beginnings of a death curl and if it's in premolt then it surely hasn't been eating much since its last molt. ICU is about the only thing you can do at this point IMO.

sorry i couldn't be of more help:(

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I honestly don't think it's premolt. My avics and blue fang looked like that and I do not have them anymore. :(

Is there fluid in the mouth by any chance?

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks everyone for your responses, I guess I was kind of nudging it a bit much. It is left alone now. It doesn't eat much, never has since its last molt which was back in april I think. It always would just kill it and leave it there, very rarely eating a little bit of it.

@Zerg, I don't have good enough lighting to see. I tried to flip it over and look with a magniflying glass, but alas I couldn't see much.

Last edited:

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well, I found it completely un-responsive today, its legs not in a death curl but stretched out.

Fyreflye

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well, I found it completely un-responsive today, its legs not in a death curl but stretched out.
Very sorry to hear that your T isn't well. :( Is it still in the ICU? They say to never dispose of a body until it starts to smell, Ts have been known to recover from weird situations.

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It is alright, things happen in this hobby that are out of our control sometimes. I am not sure what might have caused this but hopefully if anything else ever happens like this I will have a better outcome. Thank you everyone for your words.