What common millipede foods do your millipedes go nuts over? Which do they ignore?

MontePython

Arachnosquire
And @Arthroverts, this can be for you too. Is Thyropygus pachyurus a more "arboreally inclined" species? I remember the museum I volunteer at added some branches to their display tank and remarked how much they enjoyed climbing.
I'm not sure to be honest - I don't currently keep any Thyropygus species, though the ones I've seen seem to enjoy climbing, so it might be worth a shot. The 'arboreally inclined' species I was thinking of at the time was my D. macracanthus which is pretty notorious for being more comfortable in trees than on the ground.

I just got two texas golds and they love grapes and strawberries. The only thing I find they don't like is leafy greens
Oh interesting! Did you peel your grapes or just cut them into pieces to expose the insides? I might have to try that!

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
And @Arthroverts, this can be for you too. Is Thyropygus pachyurus a more "arboreally inclined" species? I remember the museum I volunteer at added some branches to their display tank and remarked how much they enjoyed climbing.
I am not very familiar with genus Thyropygus (kicking myself for not buying them from @Redmont when I had the chance). However, I do know that many species, even species supposedly more terrestrial/fossorial, enjoy climbing branches, especially when there is lichen/moss growing on them. If they climb with regularity I would say that yes, they are probably a species that likes to feel the wind in the tree tops more so than your average Narceus gordanus.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

MontePython

Arachnosquire
Well, I can now confirm that while I've seen two of my millipedes eating from the split-in-half grape I put in last night (S. fischeri and Spirostrepidae sp. 8 specifically), springtails are also absolutely nuts about grapes.

SeaNettle

Arachnopeon
So after reading this thread more. I've done some experimenting with strawberries I've given them to my N. americanus, F. floydi, as well as my C. Spinigerus (and all of the separated morphs). I noticed that my N. americanus didn't readily go after the strawberry slice provided, and it was leftover in the morning. It was the same for the F. floydi though they seemed more eager to give the strawberries a try then the americanus.

As far as the chicobolus I have them split up into six different containers corresponding to their color morphs (Orange, Salmon, Rainbow, Ebony, Lime, Normal) So I gave each group a slice of strawberry, and it seemed that the orange, rainbow and normal morphs readily consumed the strawberry slices. The salmon morphs took a considerably longer time but still finished their slices. But it was interesting to me that the lime morphs and the ebony didn't finish their slices. This probably doesn't mean much of anything though I thought it interesting.

MontePython

Arachnosquire
So after reading this thread more. I've done some experimenting with strawberries I've given them to my N. americanus, F. floydi, as well as my C. Spinigerus (and all of the separated morphs). I noticed that my N. americanus didn't readily go after the strawberry slice provided, and it was leftover in the morning. It was the same for the F. floydi though they seemed more eager to give the strawberries a try then the americanus.

As far as the chicobolus I have them split up into six different containers corresponding to their color morphs (Orange, Salmon, Rainbow, Ebony, Lime, Normal) So I gave each group a slice of strawberry, and it seemed that the orange, rainbow and normal morphs readily consumed the strawberry slices. The salmon morphs took a considerably longer time but still finished their slices. But it was interesting to me that the lime morphs and the ebony didn't finish their slices. This probably doesn't mean much of anything though I thought it interesting.
Oh that IS really cool. I'm a huge fan of choice experiments and of food selection experiments in general, because the results are almost always at least interesting even if they're not always massively meaningful (I also didn't realise there are so many C. spinigerus morphs - all we really get over here are the normals and sometimes ebonies). It's hard to do that kind of observation in my large tank, as it's mixed species/genus with only one of each, so it's harder to tell if it's just individual preference. xD

SeaNettle

Arachnopeon
Oh that IS really cool. I'm a huge fan of choice experiments and of food selection experiments in general, because the results are almost always at least interesting even if they're not always massively meaningful (I also didn't realise there are so many C. spinigerus morphs - all we really get over here are the normals and sometimes ebonies). It's hard to do that kind of observation in my large tank, as it's mixed species/genus with only one of each, so it's harder to tell if it's just individual preference. xD
I went out of my way to collect as many different morphs of Chicobolus as I possibly could so I could separate them for attempts at selective breeding. I've heard that there's a blue morph, but I haven't seen it. If I'm completely honest, I've allocated way too much space to the ivories I have six tanks that are 10 gallons each for them. Maybe in the upcoming weeks ill make a post showing off all my color morphs but for now here is a picture of one of my oranges.

95242879_692923484814170_3095196588776095744_n.jpg

MontePython

Arachnosquire
I went out of my way to collect as many different morphs of Chicobolus as I possibly could so I could separate them for attempts at selective breeding. I've heard that there's a blue morph, but I haven't seen it. If I'm completely honest, I've allocated way too much space to the ivories I have six tanks that are 10 gallons each for them. Maybe in the upcoming weeks ill make a post showing off all my color morphs but for now here is a picture of one of my oranges.

View attachment 342575
Oh that's really cool looking! The black looks really striking against that shade of orange (I'm used to black against the darker red-oranges of African species, so I didn't think of a lighter shade when imagining them!) If I ever live in the States again, I'll have to try to get into Ivories. They seem really cool, and come in so many varieties! Are the blue ones that ones that are supposed to be a sort of a light robin's egg colour?

SeaNettle

Arachnopeon
Oh that's really cool looking! The black looks really striking against that shade of orange (I'm used to black against the darker red-oranges of African species, so I didn't think of a lighter shade when imagining them!) If I ever live in the States again, I'll have to try to get into Ivories. They seem really cool, and come in so many varieties! Are the blue ones that ones that are supposed to be a sort of a light robin's egg colour?
I have about 15 of those oranges, and some of them range from that lighter orange to a much darker orange (the darker ones are more striking and what I'm hoping to breed for). My understanding is that they are a light blue chicobolus; there's a picture in "Skippys Millipede Collection," and someone referred to it as blue, so I've used that as my reference I've never heard of them otherwise.

I recommend them if you get the chance. I love how active they are during the day, so they are one of the only species I keep that gets an actual tank. They are certainly a fun species to keep.

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
I have about 15 of those oranges, and some of them range from that lighter orange to a much darker orange (the darker ones are more striking and what I'm hoping to breed for). My understanding is that they are a light blue chicobolus; there's a picture in "Skippys Millipede Collection," and someone referred to it as blue, so I've used that as my reference I've never heard of them otherwise.

I recommend them if you get the chance. I love how active they are during the day, so they are one of the only species I keep that gets an actual tank. They are certainly a fun species to keep.
There are dozens of "morphs" that are in actuality single, oddly-colored specimens that haven't been proven to breed true. I believe many of them may eventually breed true after years of careful breeding and selection for specimens showing the coloration, but breeding C. spinigerus for coloration is still in it's infancy I believe. Even with the Chicobolus Color Craze most people don't even separate recognized morphs from each other (i.e keeping "normal" Miami specimens with "ebony" Big Pine Key specimens). That isn't always a bad thing, especially when you are trying to get new morphs, but it becomes a problem when people just trade them as standard "Ivories" and get the lineages all mixed up in my opinion.

Thanks,

Arthroverts