What can I replace this with?

GabGab

Arachnoknight
Anyone have Recommendations on what I can replace this screen with? I'm scared the T's foot is going to get caught and hurting itself.

Attachments

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
should be okay i think its the really fine mesh screen thats a risk to the t getting stuck

BepopCola

Arachnobaron
I think you can probably find a round mesh-hole louver that would fit in that hole.
They come in metal or plastic and in different vent styles of you don't like the mesh-holes.

Poonjab

Arachnoking
Late to the party, but that’s fine. No need to replace.

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
You can go to lowes or home depot and on the electrical isle, they sell electrical hole plugs. They come in plastic or metal, you can then drill small holes in them.

P.S. that is the same type of mesh that toes can get caught in, its woven mesh just like on the exo-terra tanks, the risk is there. With that said, I do have one of those enclosures with w I. mira in it, same mesh but it is not an arboreal. I plan to rehouse mine after a few molts.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Anyone have Recommendations on what I can replace this screen with? I'm scared the T's foot is going to get caught and hurting itself.
I have this on sling containers- non issue for all species IME.

Rhino1

Arachnobaron
I used exo terra screen for 20 years before I joined this forum and realised it was a thing ( my Ts still had all their toes).
Yes, That is the type of screen that traps feet because it's woven, but the chances of it actually happening are very slim.
Pop that vent out, measure the hole and replace it with a round cupboard vent, I had a similar, albeit bigger, enclosure and found a stainless steel sink strainer plug thing fit it
Good luck, it's a neat enclosure