What Can I Put in a 5.5 Gal?

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
Well, I have a 5.5 gallon tank that I got for my immature (not matured) gecko who just wouldn't eat. Now he's gone (returned him) and I want to know what I can put in the aquarium.

P.S.
Please do not ask anything about the gecko. This is not a "What's Wrong With My Gecko?" thread, what's done is done. I just want to know now what else I can put in the tank.

Offkillter

Arachnosquire
What happened to your gecko? See had you not asked us not to ask I never would have but because you did I had to.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What happened to your gecko? See had you not asked us not to ask I never would have but because you did I had to.
{D

To the OP.. Fill it will sand.. Then sit there & count each individual grain of sand..

Once you are done counting..

Let us all know what you came up with in the end.. :rolleyes:

Offkillter

Arachnosquire
Fifty five billion one hundred and thirty seven million four hundred ninety six thousand and two.

Warren Bautista

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Gosh... you can't seem to keep an animal in your care for over a week, can you?

I suggest getting some adult male crickets.

They sing, jump, eat and all that pet stuff, but don't live too long so no worries about long term commitment! :D

jt39565

Arachnoknight
Put some water in it & set it in line to get sunlight, watch the algae grow!

bugmankeith

Arachnoking
Old Timer
You try making a biodome with plants like cacti, they are easy to care for and you could put a few in that.

Obelisk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
There's always the option of putting it away and then using it when something (small enough for a 5 gallon) catches your interest. It's better to do that than to search for a pet to occupy that tank, only to realize later on that you're not all that interested. It's not a good idea to get something just because you have an empty tank. That's my advice anyway.

Ookamii

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
There's always the option of putting it away and then using it when something (small enough for a 5 gallon) catches your interest. It's better to do that than to search for a pet to occupy that tank, only to realize later on that you're not all that interested. It's not a good idea to get something just because you have an empty tank. That's my advice anyway.
gotta agree with you there i have a small ferret cage and 2 10 gallons, about to be 3 (movin my cham to a bigger habbitat) that are empty i just put them up in the closet for now, the ferret cage is not gunna be used to 5 years, the tanks...till i find some fish or small reptile i like/can afford

H. laoticus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hissing cockroaches make good display pets, can be easily handled, and are relatively easy to care for.

Acro

Aziz! Light!
Old Timer
Actually, try Triops! They will beat (and eat up) sea monkeys any day! (Ha Ha! pouchedrat :} ) And they have quick lifespans, however you can dry out the substrate and then hatch new ones from eggs left by the adults! Some get pretty massive. Ask Orin McMonigle (search for the user "Elytra and Antenna" on this website) about getting some (and tell him I sent you) or try to search them on www.aquabid.com and you can find a few different species there.
Good luck!

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Snails! Some get big, feed them carrots to turn their poop orange, and it's always cool to have asexual pets!

pouchedrat

Arachnolord
Old Timer
BANANA SLUGS! bugsincyberspace.com has them sometimes!

Also lulz... we have some triops eggs still, haven't hatched them

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i second roaches. my dubias take less maintence than my Ts and the mini colony is dang near bulletproof, had it since march without any losses. also, they make tasty snacks for your other critters.

in fact, i admit to regularly forgetting about them until the Ts are hungry and they still seem to thrive... like cockroaches :p