What can I feed my slings?

CEOAirsoft

Arachnopeon
So I have a B. Smithi. and an A. Genic. both are about 0.5 inch slings and doing well. When I first got them I bought some small crickets from a reptile show (the smallest ones I've) and picked out the smallest ones of the bunch for my spiders. But now all my crickets have grown too large for my spiders. I would rather not drive many hours to the occasional reptile show with no guarantee that they'll even have crickets small enough if I do not have to. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :)

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Yup what DeanK said.. IMO for slings its the best way to offer prey to slings.. I've had half in slings run from quarter inch live crickets but those same slings ate like pigs when offered cricket pieces...

Wax worms are another great prey item for slings and they can be stored in the fridge..

DeadlyGecko101

Arachnopeon
I just picked up several slings from Kelly Swift and he sent me more than a dozen or so complimentary pinhead crickets with my order. Even crickets that small are more than capable of getting the upper hand against 1/4 - 3/4 slings, so, it is best to kill the crickets first (cut them in half if they are adults just as DeanK said) and drop them in the enclosure anywhere from one to two times a week. You'll observe that they take the dead prey as if it were alive. It's kinda cute haha. Just make sure any uneaten food is removed after two days.