What Brachypelma species can be found in Mexico, Nuevo León, Monterrey?

Socfroggy

Arachnoknight
I have an early childhood memory where I was startled by an orange and black tarantula. Having been on here for some time I recognize the colors belong to the Brachypelma genus. Unfortunately I do not remember the color patterns. Is it possible to narrow it down to one species or would I need a time machine to know for sure??

BishopiMaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have an early childhood memory where I was startled by an orange and black tarantula. Having been on here for some time I recognize the colors belong to the Brachypelma genus. Unfortunately I do not remember the color patterns. Is it possible to narrow it down to one species or would I need a time machine to know for sure??
If i recall, mexico, nuevo, leon, and monterrey can be found there.

knee identification of the red and orange types are extremely complex and you would do well to check with a local expert, but you are in the right genus, I'd check out krazy8sinvertebrates, he/she/they/it tend to carry a lot of brachypelma of the red and orange knee variety.

Socfroggy

Arachnoknight
Hmm...Are there any that have those markings? If not I'm guessing someone lost their T :(