What Avicularia is this one?

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I cant see the colours properly because of the lighting, but the markings look either like a juvie Avicularia avicularia, or some forms of the amazonica.. But I've seen so many spiders labeled as amazonica, I've lost confidence in the term all together.. Let's just say it's an avic.

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Agreed not the best lighting but could be A. minatrix..

WARPIG has bred them so he may be able to chime on on being minatrix but the pattern and coloration seems proper unless my eyes totally deceive me (which they do these days :rolleyes:)

dannyboypede

Arachnosquire
it looks to me like it has pink toes. this may help with the ID process{D.
in all seriousness, if that is blue i see, then i think it is a versi, but i dont know much about avics, so dont trust me or my run-on sentence. ;)

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
in all seriousness, if that is blue i see, then i think it is a versi, but i dont know much about avics, so dont trust me or my run-on sentence. ;)
Definitely not a versi.

It looks like A. amazonica. Because aren't A. minatrix predominately brown?

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That is an Avicularia avicularia. Not a versi,not a metallica,and NOT a minatrix. :) They keep that pattern until maybe 3 inches,and then they lose it.I have a ton of them that size and that color sitting here that we bred.

Sodaboy1978

Arachnopeon
Not a Versi. I have two of those, this one is not one of the two.

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
,and NOT a minatrix. :) They keep that pattern until maybe 3 inches,and then they lose it.
? They don't lose the pattern and while they do become a bit more "light brown" the pattern is still there no?

I believe I've seen MM Minatrix that had the pattern albeit the doral stripe down the abdomen was wider..

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
? They don't lose the pattern and while they do become a bit more "light brown" the pattern is still there no?

I believe I've seen MM Minatrix that had the pattern albeit the doral stripe down the abdomen was wider..
I think he might've been saying that A. avic lose that pattern and just worded it wrong.

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think he might've been saying that A. avic lose that pattern and just worded it wrong.
Oh gotcha. I can now see how it came over if indeed that's what he meant..

No foul, just trying to be accurate with what I think I know and what I say :)

@Soda - Do you know what type it is and this is a guessing game or you don't know for sure?

Based on size, relation to the left, I would say it's 2-3" no?

Sodaboy1978

Arachnopeon
Oh gotcha. I can now see how it came over if indeed that's what he meant..

No foul, just trying to be accurate with what I think I know and what I say :)

@Soda - Do you know what type it is and this is a guessing game or you don't know for sure?

Based on size, relation to the left, I would say it's 2-3" no?
yeah its about two to three inches. We bought this one from a pet store said its a pink toe. I had been on Google looking to see what the different types of Avics are.:wall: Which one do we have. LOL

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yeah its about two to three inches. We bought this one from a pet store said its a pink toe. I had been on Google looking to see what the different types of Avics are.:wall: Which one do we have. LOL
Odds are its avic.avic..........Too many different names being thrown around when it comes to Avicularia these days.