what avics are real?

archieph

Arachnosquire
first of all i am planning to collect all the avics available.. there are a hundred!!!(exag).. so my question is this.. which avics are REAL because some look exactly the same that i think only the names are different? as far as i know, talking to some supposedly long time collector, there are only five real avics in this world.. the VERSICOLOR, AVIC AVIC, MINATRIX, METALLICA, AND THE LAETA.. any thought would really be appreciated...

archieph

Arachnosquire
sop sop sop

that's so sad.. how will i ever collect all of them!!!!! i chose avicularias to collect so i wont spend so much and buy everything im attracted to being an impulsive person, now i have to complete it because i started it... omg.. 50+ will make me crazy and damage my pockets... sob sob :wall: :wall: :wall: wer do i find this catalog. one more thing are there same specie with different name that u know of? in avics only

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Lol a lot of these aren't even in the hobby so you don't have to stress it too hard. It looks like you have a good many of the ones that are actually available so take pride in that. Just work on the ones that are even possible to get.

Musicwolf

Arachnoknight
first of all i am planning to collect all the avics available.. there are a hundred!!!(exag).. so my question is this.. which avics are REAL because some look exactly the same that i think only the names are different? as far as i know, talking to some supposedly long time collector, there are only five real avics in this world.. the VERSICOLOR, AVIC AVIC, MINATRIX, METALLICA, AND THE LAETA.. any thought would really be appreciated...
Well, there really are 50+ identified avics in the world - even if some of them do look VERY similar. Add to that - there are several species that haven't been "identified" yet like Avic sp. "Peru Purple". However, you won't find that many available for sale - they simply aren't kept in captivity, or won't be available in your country. So, good luck avic hunting, and enjoy the journey - - even if you can't realistically "collect them all."

archieph

Arachnosquire
mixing

ive also heard and read some reports that some avic species are a result of mixing two different kinds of avics.. can i confirm if this is true.. also if u can give me a good link for purchasing avics which can send to my country of philippines? its really crazy because some of them really look identical except maybe for a few hairs.. i dont know.. when my avics mature i will try to experiment if different avics will breed.. also have any of u tried this?:p i will search a few threads in thr for sale section if i can find good sellers

Musicwolf

Arachnoknight
ive also heard and read some reports that some avic species are a result of mixing two different kinds of avics.. can i confirm if this is true.. also if u can give me a good link for purchasing avics which can send to my country of philippines? its really crazy because some of them really look identical except maybe for a few hairs.. i dont know.. when my avics mature i will try to experiment if different avics will breed.. also have any of u tried this?:p i will search a few threads in thr for sale section if i can find good sellers
Unfortunately, yes, I believe that some avics are hybrids - - but like you, many of us want to have the "real" avics . . . . So, please don't mix them . . . . ever. We don't want more hybrids invading the hobby.

Not sure who all would ship to the Phillipines, but I wish you luck in finding them.

archieph

Arachnosquire
about hybrids..

well in a way if u can make a new kind of hybrid and spreads out it becomes a new specie all together.. js like how most dogs came about.. js a bunch of scientists mixing together until they perfected it.. for instance if u can make a glow in the dark t.. my point is having just ts for pets makes us kinda scientists.. would even be cool if we had like t professors teaching in harvard or wat.. well thats exagerating again.. but i dont know.. il see wen they mature, will probably try to mix one or two so long as they dont eat each other.. one question, cant mix like two different arboreal right? like say pookies and avic combination? and has anyone ever tried extracting sperm from males? if so that would be awesome...

satanslilhelper

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
well in a way if u can make a new kind of hybrid and spreads out it becomes a new specie all together.. js like how most dogs came about.. js a bunch of scientists mixing together until they perfected it.. for instance if u can make a glow in the dark t.. my point is having just ts for pets makes us kinda scientists.. would even be cool if we had like t professors teaching in harvard or wat.. well thats exagerating again.. but i dont know.. il see wen they mature, will probably try to mix one or two so long as they dont eat each other.. one question, cant mix like two different arboreal right? like say pookies and avic combination? and has anyone ever tried extracting sperm from males? if so that would be awesome...
I swear!! We go through one of these hybrid threads every other week. Dogs are all one species. Not the same as mixing different species of T's. :wall::wall::wall: Please do some more research or just get out of the hobby altogether. Either one.

Crows Arachnids

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Would be an interesting concept to explore. Unfortunately science delves into practical uses more aggressively than that of sheer knowledge. Until the world discovers that tarantula hairs can be harvested to keep moles out of your yard or their fluids can cure cancer a tarantula course will not make it to the university scene. Being that as it is we are left with little authority and each others own experiences. As far as crossing two different tarantulas there are strong feelings about it, the general consensus of the tarantula community is that it is taboo to a very strong degree. If you intend to uphold a reputation around here I would advise you not to introduce two 'different' species. The definition of species is far too divided thus the ' ' around the word different.

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I swear!! We go through one of these hybrid threads every other week. Dogs are all one species. Not the same as mixing different species of T's. :wall::wall::wall: Please do some more research or just get out of the hobby altogether. Either one.
+1

And notice how much attitude the OP's always get when we challenge it and then you look at the profile and notice they have been a member of the forum for less than 10 days... :wall:

I swear I should be donating more to the search for the cure of Mental Retardation and less time looking at these boards...

Joe - CAK

shanebp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
+1

And notice how much attitude the OP's always get when we challenge it and then you look at the profile and notice they have been a member of the forum for less than 10 days... :wall:

I swear I should be donating more to the search for the cure of Mental Retardation and less time looking at these boards...

Joe - CAK
With all the experience we gather curing it on these forums, i'd say we're more then qualified for some real life work. Lets do it up! lol

archieph

Arachnosquire
wow

u guys are mean.. i just wanted to know the true avics becasue i want to calloect them all and stop at that genus hopefully.. and really when i try to study them, a lot of it look the same but have different names.. was just thinking maybe people invent names of the same specie for profit i guess.. like the purpea and spec purple.. juruensis and aurantiaca.. avic avic and ulrichea.. rio madre and boa vista.. metalica sure looks a lot like a lot of them.. even the geroldi and azurklassi to name a few.. i was hoping to get a list of actually the different species of avics.. :? :? :? but its all good.. yes i am new, and excited but i have had all sorts of pets so experience with animals is id say more than mormal.. even dreamed of being a scout living in the forest as a job, shooting down poachers all over the world..

Last edited:

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I want to collect them all too. But, it would take a long process. Really, there is:

A. avicularia
A. versicolor
A. minatrix
A. purpurea
A. diversipes
A. sp "Peru"
A. metallica
A. geroldi
A. azurklassi
A. aurantiaca

And SO many more. It would be so expensive too. But, im trying too, so, good luck!

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

u guys are mean.. i just wanted to know the true avics becasue i want to calloect them all and stop at that genus hopefully.. and really when i try to study them, a lot of it look the same but have different names.. was just thinking maybe people invent names of the same specie for profit i guess.. like the purpea and spec purple.. juruensis and aurantiaca.. avic avic and ulrichea.. rio madre and boa vista.. metalica sure looks a lot like a lot of them.. even the geroldi and azurklassi to name a few.. i was hoping to get a list of actually the different species of avics.. :? :? :? but its all good.. yes i am new, and excited but i have had all sorts of pets so experience with animals is id say more than mormal.. even dreamed of being a scout living in the forest as a job, shooting down poachers all over the world..
Oh, too add to that. Get used to that. They have ALWAYS been like this. They make us feel bed, then we defend ourselves, then they get very snobby.

Lorum

Arachnosquire
They make us feel bed, then we defend ourselves, then they get very snobby.
Do you really feel bed?

The OP was not defending himself, he was being stubborn, giving away strange comments, etc. Obviously he has a lot to learn (like we all do), and he should listen what other people have to say. Or, he is a troll, playing with us.

Last edited:

archieph

Arachnosquire
not at all kaibigan(friend)

i get it now.. troll someone playing dumb? hehehe i dont feel bad the least bit, takes more than that to hurt my impenetrable carapace {D {D {D.. i am fairly new to this hobby and i am very lucky to have stumbled upon this site as i have learned much and really helped me in the way i care for my slings... salamat sa inyo tanan!!!! (means thank u to u all) ;P ;P ;P

it has stopped raining at least for today.. so now we are just waiting for our test subject to molt.. here it is

jimip

Arachnosquire
Do you really feel bed?

The OP was not defending himself, he was being stubborn, giving away strange comments, etc. Obviously he have a lot to learn (like we all do), and he should listen what other people have to say. Or, he is a troll, playing with us.
id like to say i suspected a troll to but then i realized hes just new. we have all thought about it at some point or another, so lets not jump down throats theres way to inform and educate with out alienation and belittlement.

Matt K

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Achieph- please take more time READING before you ask questions, then you wont get seemingly rude comments back. If you use the internet, and you do, you can answer most of your questions yourself and much faster.

If collecting a whole genus is what you want, perhaps you should find one that is monotypic -which would require reading- instead of guessing. You might also read anything on the web that starts off with the term "Basic Genetics", "morphology", and "taxonomy", which will help you specifically in understanding your Avicularia quest...

...good luck!

Lorum

Arachnosquire
id like to say i suspected a troll to but then i realized hes just new.
I agree. I usually trust people and try (my best) to be kind (as you can see here: http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=199864&page=2), but the OP has started two strange threads in just a few hours. So, now I just don't know.

Back on topic... crosbreeding tarantulas is not a good idea for a lot of reasons. It has been discussed before; using the search function could be useful.

archieph

Arachnosquire
ok

ayt.. again all i wanted was a list of avics that i can possible acquire and if possible sources i can get from.. tnx to u all for all ur time and thoughts.. amen ;P ;P ;P :wall: :wall: :wall: :barf: :barf: :barf: