what are your thoughts on this

JPD

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
A reaction to either an ant or wasp.

TTstinger

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I just love how she blames a spider yet in it she claims to not know what bit her dog

JPD

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The likelihood of it being a spider bite is fairly low considering the dog was given benadryl and responded. Some sort of allergic reaction. It could be just about anything in that yard.

8+)

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I just love how she blames a spider yet in it she claims to not know what bit her dog
Several times I've come close to posting about how people always seem to blame spiders for any unexplained bite. In this case I'm inclined to think that she put "Spider Bite?" as the topic, because it sounds more sensational than "Bee Sting?" and might get more readers.

It does seem like people are always so quick to blame spiders. Whenever I ask why they think it's a spider bite, they almost always say, " What else could it be?" Well, I've messed around with spiders all my life and I've never been bitten, that I know of.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Several times I've come close to posting about how people always seem to blame spiders for any unexplained bite. In this case I'm inclined to think that she put "Spider Bite?" as the topic, because it sounds more sensational than "Bee Sting?" and might get more readers.

It does seem like people are always so quick to blame spiders. Whenever I ask why they think it's a spider bite, they almost always say, " What else could it be?" Well, I've messed around with spiders all my life and I've never been bitten, that I know of.

ha, i fully agree on all counts

i play with dang near every spider i see and the ONLY time i have been bit that i know of for certain is when i was playing with an exotic tarantula spiderling. heh.

JPD

Arachnobaron
Old Timer

It is funny, (and a good point I might add), that putting "Spider Bite" will no doubt draw more attention.
When people say "What else could it be?" I usually answer with, "about a thousand other things!"
I sometimes ask people, (when they express their fear of spiders), if they are afraid of mosquitoes. When they counter with, "of course not" I then relay the message to them that mosquitoes are responsible for several million human deaths.
Typically, they give me a strange look and then continue on with their spider rant.
I to have held just about every spider I have ever owned, including widows and recluses, and have received only a handful of bites.

christin

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It is funny, (and a good point I might add), that putting "Spider Bite" will no doubt draw more attention.
When people say "What else could it be?" I usually answer with, "about a thousand other things!"
I sometimes ask people, (when they express their fear of spiders), if they are afraid of mosquitoes. When they counter with, "of course not" I then relay the message to them that mosquitoes are responsible for several million human deaths.
Typically, they give me a strange look and then continue on with their spider rant.
I to have held just about every spider I have ever owned, including widows and recluses, and have received only a handful of bites.
Good point with the mosquitoe bit! I'll have to file that one away.

Stefan2209

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hi,

ridicolous!

To lighten this up a bit, an example of the exact opposite.

A case where a dog was messed up pretty bad by Phoneutria nigriventer:

Hit Me!

Quite amusing.

Especially the more detailed report that i found flowing around somewhere with the exact statements of the owner of the dog.

When he encountered that scene of his dog "taking care about that ugly, bad spider" he was quite happy about it.... :D

Amused greetings,

Stefan